No announcement yet.

radiator removal, lower hose needed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

radiator removal, lower hose needed

I unhooked everything on the radiator however the lower hose will not come off the radiator I have twisted and pull on it til it got dark.I guess now the hose is no good I may have hurt it's durability. Question can I get that hose from a local parts house like napa or advanced auto, have any of you ever had to do tha? I will end up cutting that hose tomorrow because I will not waste another minute on it. I will get my radiator recored, I got that expansion tank fixed today so I am going all the way.

RE: radiator removal, lower hose needed

More than likely they will end up ordering it from somewhere else.............several T-Bird vendors sell them. Your hose must have been old........I just removed my radiator and mine (about 4 years old )..........came off pretty easy with a few nice turns and twist. I must admit though.......I pulled it off from underneath the car. I gave up on Vendors like NAPA and Autozone when it came to parts for my bird when I realized I could save money and order just what I wanted from the net. Sites like "The Birdnest" and "Macs Antique auto parts" are well done and have pictures.

Comment

• tbirdave
      Apprentice
      • Jun 12 2006

I bought mine at Napa in stock. Take it with you and they can match it up. tbirdave

Comment

• dgs
        Super-Experienced
        • Feb 13 2003

Me too. Call NAPA or Advanced or whoever, they sometimes have stuff. I've been surprised what I've found in stock - hoses, brake light switch and a wheel cylinder.
        DGS (aka salguod)
        1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
        www.salguod.net

Comment

Im envious.........I have a 100 % strike out rate with local parts stores..........but they did have brakes lines And Autozone rents out tools.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎