Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Useless founds under the seats & carpet...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

Useless founds under the seats & carpet...

With the garage finished and Ruth in, Iīm am trying to fix small thing just about every night. It is realy fun to finally get to work with the car, but I keep it to small stuff so I can drive whenever it is sunshine.
    Detent plate and selector arm as well as my renovated steering wheel is in! Horn works and it looks awesome!
    New headlamp switch also and other light problems fixed as well.
    While crawling up & down to replace the lightswitch, I kind of figured out that it would be more convenient if I remove the drivers seat , and while I was on it, all seats vent out This gave me the oportunity to have a look under the carpet as well, and even if what I saw was quite sad, I guess that was the best thing I could do, as it was very wet under it, on booth sides where the feets are located
    So now, a dryer is working overtime to dry everything, and thatīs a good feeling anyway, as there would be nowhere for the water to go if I havenīt pull up the carpet.
    Anyway, while under everything, I did my best to chase these identification labels you all talk about all the time
    But as mine interior is changed somewhere between Vixom & Gothenburg, during these + 50 years, there was no luck....
    But I did found a few thing.
    How about a little package of Howard Johnsonīs toothpicks?
    Or a "Valuable Coupon"? Not bad eeay?
    An broken piece of hard paper with a 8 in a rectangular box and something written with a pencil.
    My guess about the numbered labels found in booth front and rear seat is that have something to do with the "new" upholstery. Or?.......
    Attached Files
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
  • LuckyJay
    • Jan 4 2007

That "valueable coupon" would lead my to think that maybe that Bird went to at least one Drive-In theatre. Perhaps even a "StarLite Theatre".

Comment

• tbird430
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 18 2007

I must have missed something on here over the years. What are those metal tag "ID Labels"? And where did you find those at Anders?

-Jon
      sigpic
      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Anders
        Super-Experienced
        • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by tbird430
        I must have missed something on here over the years. What are those metal tag "ID Labels"? And where did you find those at Anders?

-Jon
        One in one of the front seat and the other on the backseat, connected to the springs. But they only look metal. They are plastic....
        sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Meridious
          Experienced
          • Nov 16 2007

I found a note on Philips 76 notepad-paper that said, "Where's the oil, Tim??"

No date, but I'd swear it was from the 60's to early 70's.

I found 2 earring backs, different types, under the passenger seat.

Nickels, pennies, etc. Wish I'd have found a 1960 coin. No way to know if it was 1960 when it was dropped, but I'd have swore it was.

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
            Experienced
            • May 4 2009

my ole rosie led a checkered past , well atleast some of her previous owners did

she used to sit in the parking lot of a ( bar?) called the syndicate ( in newport ky) i think the bars owner owned her to when i pelled her smelly wet rotten carpet out i found a burnt up roach clip :O under the front ash tray in the console amoung other ahem colorfull items

lord only knows what happened im side poor ole rosie sitting in that parking lot (newport is or used to be commanly known for very friendly females if you know what i mean )

the bar or what ever it is still around according to the guy i bought her from she used to sit exactly where the new bell is in newport
            Last edited by 57ford/60thunderbird; June 12, 2009, 11:37 PM.
            57 ford sedan
            60 thunderbird registry number 33404
            69 mustang coupe
            69 roadrunner

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍