No announcement yet.

Vacuum line to Distributor

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum line to Distributor

Does anyone know if the 430 metal vacuum line to the distributor is the same as the 352.I know the carbs are different but dont know where the ports are on the 352 carb as compared to the 430 carb. Ive look at all the usual vendors and none list a 430 vacuum line only the 352. It seems that most of the parts vendors dont list a whole lot of parts for the 430. Is there one vendor that list 430 parts more than others.
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Vacuum line to Distributor

From the diagram, the Carter carburetor(430) has the distributor vacuum line on the right front while the Autolite (352) has it on the right side. Both the 352 and 430 distributors are in the front. My guess is that you should be able to bend the 352 vacuum line to fit. Your other alternative is to get tubing and the distributor ends from a vacuum line ends from an auto store and bend your own line. The tubing is still easy to get, the end fittings are probably not so easy to get any more. It still is worth a try.

Another alternative is to try an Lincoln dealer who deals with early sixties Lincolns, to see if they sell repro distributor vacuum lines. It should be similar or the same.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

I used this company. Everything fit PERFECTLY. It was pretty scary that these acctually "bolted on" with no modification/tweeking.
      I also went the extra mile to get stainless. It looks great.

Inline Tube is the largest manufacturer of automotive preformed replacement brake lines and fuel lines with an extensive catalog of award winning restoration parts. From disc brake conversions to DIY kits, trust in the industry leading experts. Order online today!

Comment

Do you have a 430 with a carter as inline tube catalog only shows for 352

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎