Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lgbpop
    • Sep 9 2014

Hello to this gang from Fort Myers, Fla. ~

Glad I found this forum. I grew up with Ford and Rambler products. I was brought home in a 1955 Ranch Wagon from the hospital where I was born. (That would be Morton Hospital in Taunton, Mass.) I don't own a Bird at the moment. Last one I owned was a '59 beater in college. It was as much fun to watch the pavement pass beneath my feet through the "ventilated" floorpan as it was to stand on the throttle of a mostly-well-tuned 430 engine.

Current rides are a 1990 Taurus GL wagon, daily driver, which I paid off in May 2000 and can't bear to part with (I do almost all the maintenance and everything works including the A/C system which I replaced 100% in 2012) and my summer ride, a 1965 Ambassador convertible which I bought for cash in 1981 and which sits in my brother's garage outside of New Bedford Mass. Someday I will fly up and drive it back down here. Everything works on that car, too. 287 cu.in. V8 with the re-badged Ford Cruise-O-Matic, working factory air, PW, PB, power top, AM/FM radio and more. Antigua Red with a recent Haartz Arctic White top (its fourth since I bought it).

I hope to find a decent 1960 Bird someday in need of moderate fixing up. I'm getting too old for the serious stuff!
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Frank glad you found the site and there are a lot of knowledgeable people here. Keep a look out on our site as there might be a 60 pop up that you can get involved in
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍