X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Ray, you are a trend setter. I think that comes from being brave enough to try new things. Look at all the members who just love the Yellow Rose of Texas.

The more we look at her, the prettier she gets. Kudos to you, my friend. You certainly have a very fine jewel that turns heads where ever you drive.

I can't say it enough, your car is tasteful and sexy. It's time to drive to Florida and show that special gal in person. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

"Tweety Bird" Revealed!!

Ah shucks, Dave and the rest of ya'll (as he curls a lock of his hair nervously) Which is a pretty good trick as I have a flat top hair cut! Thanks for the nice comments. They are very much appreciated, as has been all the help and support. A lot of thought, planning, time, effort, and $$$ went into what she is gonna look like when they open the doors and let her take wing like the Thunderbird she is..

As for pin striping, I am thinking about it, but I just don't know what color should go there. Black has been suggested, but I am not sure of that. Red has been also, but there is no red inside the car. I would need something other than yellow or white, I would think. Any suggestions? The replacement rims go on, with the Ford dog dish hubcaps and beauty rings. I know one thing I am gonna do after that, is put on the fender skirts! I think a Tbird looks much more elegant with them in place.

Once she does get her wings again, I need to get her out on the road and see if she still runs well. She has spent far more time in the shops being worked on then on the road. I need to see what she can do before I even consider making a trip to Florida! Believe me, there are any number of friends there and other places who want me to drive her there. Several of them are dying to ride in her once she is road worthy. For the gals, I tell em that a yellow halter and white short shorts (or the reverse) are the mode of dress to ride in this Tbird!
      Last edited by YellowRose; June 7, 2010, 11:57 PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• bird 60
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 18 2009

Hi Ray,

She sure is coming along nicely. I tend to agree with the Pin Striping, it would set it off beautifully. I agree with you that Yellow & White are out, my choice would be Gold or Silver. Even though Gold is much in the same Family as the Yellow I think it would be enough to give it a hilite.
        I'm sure you'll choose the right Color to suit your taste.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

• kuusamon
          Experienced
          • Feb 14 2009

not sure if a pin stripe would add anything, maybe too much of a good thing. Pin-striping is mostly done to show the color separation but in this case that is already done with the 'natural' offset in the sheet metal. I think she is as beautiful as you can get now. But that's just an opinion.

here a pic of a violet (2 tone)colored T-bird driving around here in Finland, I took the pic of a local car selling site here, she was recently sold. Don't know the details of this car.

regards,
          Attached Files
          sigpicGreets,
          Ronald
          Kuusamo
          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741

Comment

• Paulie9fingers
            Apprentice
            • May 3 2010

I think you definitely need to do a pin stripe on top of the transition of the colors Ray, without it there it will look incomplete, but that's just my opinion. I think a Gold would look good, it's subtle but will accent the transition.

Mine has a lime green between the Ford High Performance White and the House of Color Bittersweet II, a little more bold, but that's the look this style of paint calls for.

" If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour ... you're gonna see some serious sh*t. "

Dr Emmett Brown, 1985

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

"Tweety Bird" Revealed!!

Today, they spent a lot of time buffing her out. They will also polish her later on today. I swung by to take pictures. She is really shining! They wanted to get her out in the sun and see what she was looking like. So they did. I do not know if the pix are going to do her justice, but she is really shining and she still needed more buffing, and cleaning. Then polishing. She will knock your eyes out in the sun! Here are a few pix and I will put more up on the web page later on tonight.
              Attached Files

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

Hey Ray,
                Clear coat or enamel?
                Richard D. Hord

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

"Tweety Bird" Revealed!!

Hi Richard,

3 coats of clear coat. No enamel. He does not use enamel any longer.

Comment

• Coral
                    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

"Well Goll-lee!" ... one could check their make-up in that shine!

I'm gonna suggest asking Danny how he would think about silver/chrome as a thin stripe since its the only other color on Rose!

( yeah funny bit about curling that lock of hair there Ray, )

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

"Tweety Bird" Revealed!!

Hi Cathie,

There IS another color on Rose! It is turquoise. The turquoise in the Tbird emblems feathers... and it looks nice against the yellow. BTW, I put the three new emblems down next to each other and promptly found out that the turquoise colors do not match! The two for the C Column roof are a lighter grayish looking color. The one for the hood is darkest. The trunk emblem is a bit lighter than the hood and is probably the one that is the correct color. I talk with Bird Nest about this, which is where I got mine. He told me that they get their trunk lock emblem from Taiwan and the other two from Tbird Hqs, who makes them. Now they also make the trunk lock.

Although he told me that Tbird Hqs was not likely to do anything about this, I called them and told them what I had discovered, that I am about to put a new set of Tbird emblems on that in no way match each other in color. That was news to her. I told her to get a sample of each and she could see what I was talking about. I told them that they had to have a lot of unhappy customers out there who were sprucing up their Tbirds to be shown and judged with mis-matched emblems on them and I was one of them. I told her that I was aware that they probably had hundreds of them in stock, maybe more, but before they made anymore of them, someone needs to sit down and look at the paint colors and make them match.

She said she would tell her manufacturing manager about this. I gave her my name and telephone number in case they want to follow up with me and the fact that I am one of the administrators for squarebirds.org. She certainly knew about us and that our members order a lot parts from them! We will see what they do with this. It is my understanding that all the other Tbird parts places order their roof, hood and trunk emblems from them, with the exception of Bird Nest who has just the trunk emblem made in Taiwan. The other two they order from Tbird Hqs. So he said...

We have decided not to do anything about pin striping until we get all the "bling" back on. Then we will take a look at it again and see if it needs any pin striping. White peal has also been suggested. In a bit, I will be hauling the rear bumper and tail lights back so they can put them on. I will warn Joe about what Carl said regarding scraping the paint when putting the tail light assemblies back in. It happened to him 3 times, I think he said.

Yesterday, I took my old trunk lock to a locksmith to get the tumbler out of it so I could insert it in the new emblem. He showed me how to get it out. There is a tiny little tip down the shaft of the lock that sticks up through a small hole. You have to push down on that tip which acts as a stop and keeps the lock tumbler from falling out. Mine would not budge for him. He showed me what to do, and said to take it home, and spray it with WD-40 or something to free up that little tip, which would not push down. He did not charge me anything for the advice and I did what he said. He said to put it in a vice. Then spray it and letting it sit for awhile. I was able to push in that little tip and the lock tumbler slid right out. You have to turn the key to about the 1 o'clock position for it to do so also. I cleaned it up, lubricated it, and popped it into the new trunk emblem and made sure the tip popped up to lock it in and it did. So I have my old tumbler with my key in my new emblem!

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

"Tweety Bird" Revealed!!

I just came from seeing Rose. They will put the front bumper on tomorrow and the rest of the stuff. I will let the pix do the talking... Later on tonight, I will add more to my web page.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• scumdog
                          Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by YellowRose
                          I just came from seeing Rose. They will put the front bumper on tomorrow and the rest of the stuff. I will let the pix do the talking... Later on tonight, I will add more to my web page.
                          I hate to tell you this Ray BUT if that car was here in New Zealand ?

Most people who saw your number plate would assume it meant 'Yellow ****'! hehehe!

But the car is a credit to you, very sharp and a real gem!!
                          A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• bird 60
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Mar 18 2009

Hi Ray,
                            She's starting to take shape & looking very good. Just curious, is there rubber between the Fender Skirt & the body? The reason why I'm asking is because the gap looks very little as if though they are touching. Do you, or have you ordered your Tailpipe Chrome Tips yet? Patiently waiting for more pix.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

• DKheld
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Aug 27 2008

Speaking of Yellow ****s. I noticed in one pic the rear trim is painted and in the other it is chrome (gosh it shines). I think the chrome looks best and will really tie the paint scheme and chrome bumpers together. A REAL looker. How you gonna' go anywhere and get something done - might as well plan on all your trips taking 3X as long to answer all the questions and let folks look.

Eric

Comment

Hey Ray,
                                Oh my gosh! She's lookin good! Keep us posted!!!
                                Richard D. Hord

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎