This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:49 AM
Experienced

trim code 76 is on a distinguished road
Talking

My bid has the glove box light. There is a premade hole about 1" in diameter on the left side. Weird design. When the car gets back, I can take a pic and send it to Ray if needed to show the stock application. I may have a pic come to think of it. HOLD ON RAY!!!! You may have another pic from me, just what you always wanted !!!!!!
Greg
Old 04-22-2009, 02:53 AM
Experienced

Talking

Pics of my glove box light showing bracket, wires and premade hole have been sent to Ray. I think we are wearing the poor guy out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greg
Old 04-22-2009, 08:17 AM
Tinkerer

Howard Prout is on a distinguished road

On looking through my parts catalogs I found the following:
1. 1958-59 Passenger Car Body Parts, Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited, PA-762-59, Revised Sept. 1959
06010 Compartment Assembly - Glove: 58/59 113" B8S-6306010-A

2. 1949-1959 Ford Car Parts and Accessories Text Catalog..., Ford Motor Company - Dearborn, Michigan, Form FD 9462, 1964
06010 - Compartment Assy.- Glove: 58/S C0SB-6306010-A

Could this mean that sometime during the 1960 model year a different version of the glove box liner became available? I notice that the item listed in Mac's catalog carries the earlier number and does not have the "peep" hole in it.
"Old Betsy" - my '59 convertible J9YJ116209 Thunderbird Registry #33341
Old 04-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Tinkerer

I am trying to understand the logic of the wiring for the glove box light before I get into the nitty gritty. The wiring diagram appears to show two sources of power - the dome light switch circuit on the headlight switch and the door switch activated circuit for the dome light. But this doesn't seem right since the door light switches are always powered - so why the need for the spade connector to the dome light switch? The wiring harness has connectors for two power sources - a spade connector that presumably attaches to a prong on the headlight switch, so it will be activated by the dome light switch, and a bullet connector - that apparently connects to the door switches circuit again for the dome light. The spade connector lead had a female/male bullet connector so that the spade connector can be disconnected and removed. I haven't got to looking at the actual wiring in the car - could it be that Ford provided the spade connector to the headlight switch in case there is not an available female bullet connector on the door light switch circuit? For those of you that have a working glove box light, under what conditions does it come on? Whenever the glove box is open? Only if the dome light is on?
Old 04-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Experienced

Mine , I believe , comes on when the glove box is open only. Would have to check when I get my car back in about 2-3 weeks
Greg
Old 04-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Tinkerer

I think the situation just got considerably simpler. I finally realized there is a switch beside the map light (in place of a dome light because it is a convertible) that can be used to turn the light on anytime or have it light only when one or both doors are open. So I should be able to tap into the side that has power all the time and connect the glove box light lead to it. The result is that the glove box light will come on anytime the glove box door is open - which is fine by me.

Last edited by Howard Prout : 04-23-2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: revision
Old 04-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Howard Elementary my dear Watson
58HT #33317
60 HT (Sold )
Old 04-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Coral has one....installed/wired/switch is upper left hand side.....Howard...the switch is a regular spring loaded deal, closed /off open /on....haven't tried anything else...

bracket

lamp/etc

Last edited by Coral : 04-27-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Forgot a note to Howard
Old 04-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Glove Box Light

Hey, Cathie! You lucky Gal! I wish Rose had one, but she does not. I am looking for one to put in her, but have not found one yet. I did get the trunk light and assembly though! I need to find out if my ashtray light is there, but I think it was ripped out by the previous owner when he ran his big cable through that area to the trunk and his big amplifier he had in the spare tire well.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 04-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

amplifier....

Oh gads...did he go in smart or just go IN?
Ya know those sound fellas can get carried away sometimes, lol