• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

Dan Gurney, legendary all-American racer, dies at 86

Filed under: Motorsports,Ferrari,Ford,Porsche
    ""With one last smile on his handsome face, Dan drove off into the unknown."Continue reading Dan Gurney, legendary all-American racer, dies at 86
    Dan Gurney, legendary all-American racer, dies at 86 originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 14 Jan 2018 19:41:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

We lost a legend. Dan set the pace for the rest as he was the first to win races in four series — sports cars, Indycars, Formula One and NASCAR. He raced in multiple series concurrently throughout much of his career from 1959 to 1970. He won seven IndyCar races, five in NASCAR and four in Formula 1, placing second twice in the Indianapolis 500.

Now, he has died of pneumonia. I would normally say, 'rest in peace, Dan.' I would be willing to bet he's in Heaven right now, getting ready for the next big race. Godspeed, Dan. Your automotive career thrilled me and millions more all over the world. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• mh434
      Comfortably numb
      • Jan 10 2017

A great driver and a thoroughly decent guy. Quiet and unassuming...I have a "Dan Gurney for President" sticker waiting to take pride of place when my bird is back on the road.

Jon
      Jon
      Deepest Hertfordshire
      Old enough to know I'm right...
      1960 Hardtop T'bird
      1961 Hotchkiss M201

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎