X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mvonhobe
    Apprentice
    • Jul 11 2003

Rare combo.

There is currently available on e-Bay a 1959 T-Bird with what I take to be a rare combo. of features:

It's a red convertible with a 3-speed tranny rolling on wide-white walls on KH wire wheels.
    It's item #2470656829 , located in Mass. and the bids (reserve not yet met) up to @ $14K.
    Mileage stated is 33,800.

Let me HASTEN to add I do NOT have a dog in this fight OR this auction! (I'm on the West Coast, not East!) Just drooled for a moment and decided to see if one of you wanted to adopt such a nice rig into a good home. (I think there's a 1960 w/ sun roof going now, too.)

I remember back in college, going over to a friends house and beginning to talk about cars. The subject of favorite cars came up and I said then that mine was a 1960 Red rag top T-Bird. He looked at me for a looooong moment and then said, "Come with me". We went next door to his neighbors garage which he rented and rolled up the door on........a 1960 Red rag top T-Bird. I coulda slapped him right then and there.

Matthew
    1959 Turquoise HT

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Matthew 1959 Indian Turquise Hardtop
    Tbirdregistry RegistryNumber=13517
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdatasheet.aspx?RegistryNumber=13517
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Rare combo.

Three speed manuals without overdrive account for about 1% of production in the three years. Three speed manual with overdrive accounts for another 1%. It is rare.

Kelsey Hayes wheels were not available on the Thunderbird until 1962. Reproductions are made to fit the Squarebirds.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢