X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larry Jones
    Experienced
    • Feb 3 2009

will a 352 engine line up with my motor mounts

Theres a guy that has a 352 engine rebuilt already. Will this fit into my 62 ford thunderbird without any problems. Will I loose anything with this engine as far as horsepower or compression.Any issues Iam I overlooking. Larry

Hey Larry,
    Go to the search in the black bar above, click on it, type in engine mounts. Scan down to engine swap 352 FE TO 390 FT, dated 9-2-2008 by Barry Smith. Read all the post, may answer your question.
    Also what did you find out about your generator and regulator?
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

• RustyNCa
      Super-Experienced
      • May 31 2007

The 62 has a 390 FE block in it right?

When I pulled my 352FE from my 58 and installed a 390FE everything just bolted right on the 390 that I pulled from my 352 except for the starter. I think it may have worked but I decided to go to the newer style starter.

Seems like it should go the other way as well.

As to the loss of horsepower or compression, that would all depend on how he built the 352 I imagine. The 352 I had ran very good(till the oil pump shaft broke), the 390 doesn't seem all that stronger. The 390 I replaced it with does have an RV cam in it, which you can hear at idle.

But the 352 in the 58 felt stronger to me than the 390 in my 65 TBird for what that is worth.

Comment

I have to say I think my 60-352 will get my 66-390. Just feels that way!

Comment

• tbird430
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 18 2007

The FE engines will interchange.

The only caution I've read about is having the correct alternator mounting bosses in the right front of the engine block. The 1958-60 352cid cars all used generators which bolted up differently.

-Jon
          sigpic
          The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎