X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Randy
    Experienced
    • Dec 21 2015

Getting started Seats out?

The electric seat weigh a lot, I couldn't believe it.
    And is a ground wire supposed to be on the non elec. pass. side?
    got headliner out, should have put on paint mask. (cough).
    Attached Files
    "You're never too old to become younger".! (M. West)
    Randy's Save the Bird Foundation in Beautiful Fallbrook, California

!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Some, but very few Squarebirds were ordered with TWO electric seats. Some of our members installed an electric passenger's seat. The switch for the passenger is the same except the wires are reversed for FWD and BACKWARD.
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• jopizz
      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The factory never put a ground wire on the manual seats. Maybe someone used it to ground some other device like a speaker or aftermarket radio.

John
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

From the look of your seat foams, now is a good time to replace them. I think you can still get them directly from Jed Zimmerman ~ Ca58tbird on here. If not, you can certainly get them from many of the Tbird parts houses listed in the Advertisements Forum.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Randy
          Experienced
          • Dec 21 2015

yes thank you. never have seen seats turn to powder befor. I have a big shopping list going $ , I register today, took bunch of pictures they auto go to flicker how do I post here with out going
          to the trouble of shrinking then? I read someone say it, just not how, this comp stuff is harder than all getout..

Comment

• Tbird1044
            Super-Experienced
            • Jul 31 2012

Randy:
            This is just a heads up. If you spend $1000 + at Larry's or Thunderbird Headquarters, at the same time, they will give you a 10% discount. I think I used this twice in my purchases. I'll take any savings I can on TBird. Thought I would pass it along, so you don't piece meal the parts and miss the discount.
            Nyles

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Randy, as a Paid Member you can post your pix directly on our server, but they must be sized to no larger than 800x600pixels. You should be able to put them in an image viewer and downsize them to that size. Take a look at the PC Help Desk Forum, and you should find a few programs there that will downsize your pix for you if you have them on your PC or download them. If you Google Photo resizing software for Win 7 and up, you will find a lot more options. If you are PC challenged, just send them to me or jopizz and we can downsize them for you and send them back to you.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Randy
                Experienced
                • Dec 21 2015

10% off check, 800/600 check, PC help check, found out I have Rocker panels(jopizz). My lovely Bride told me I was off my rocker
                Check.
                Attached Files

Comment

Randy, as Ray had mentioned, I do fabricate seat foams. Both front and rear. All Squarebird members are afforded a 10% discount. I also ship USPS which is about 1/2 price of UPS. My seat foams are fabricated out of solid blocks of polyurethane foam which I cut, glue and shape to original template designs for Bird years 58-66. Pour molded foams are available for the same price at all the Bird supply part retailers. The polyurethane foam is a bit more firm and will not harden, rot or powder like the pour molded foams. Original foams were pour molded and as you've seen they deteriorate, however am not sure how long the pour molded foam's useful life is. I have been fabricating polyurethane seat foams for Birds for the past 20 years. You may contact me directly at askhow@aol.com. Below is a pic of a complete set of Squarebird foams that were provided to Marco in the Netherlands.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Randy looks like the fun is just starting and with advice from your lovely bride a " classic " journey for sure.

Jed has been a member and supplier of seats to the squarebirds.org members for years. The quality and workmanship can be attested by many members in their restoration process on this site. You can send a pm email to Marco to ask his opinion.
                    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                    Thunderbird Registry
                    58HT #33317
                    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Randy
                      Experienced
                      • Dec 21 2015

Thanks Dan. and I'm sending a shout out to Ca58tbird . My shopping list for Larry is growing, know what Y'all are very helpful this place is a cool hangout, with endless supply of knowledge!
                      and I can honestly say would've continued and started Randy's Save the Bird Foundation if it wasn't for you Squares.

Comment

• JohnG
                        John
                        • Jul 28 2003

Randy, I believe you can easily remove the studs from the bottom of the seat by double-nutting them out. My memory is not 100% but I think one end is fine thread. This can save either gouging up the floor or losing them.

Have fun!

john
                        1958 Hardtop
                        #8452 TBird Registry
                        http://tbird.info/registry/DataSheet...r~equals~8452)

photo: http://www.squarebirds.org/users/joh...d_June2009.jpg
                        history:
                        http://www.squarebirds.org/users/johng/OCC.htm

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎