X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rockin Kev
    Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

Golde Top

Birders i will soon be resraying my Bird and would like to know that when the sunroof is in the open position what colour are all the seals? . Are the body colour (painted) or black?. This includes the seal that goes all around the sliding panel. Also Alex nice new paint job on the Black Bird i dare you to spray it that colour and go to a T-Bird convention and just stand back and listen to the comments!.
    Kev 60 Sunroof
    England.
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Golde Top

The seals are all back. They are not painted over. All the seals are available.

I like the gold top. It would be the focus of any T-Bird show.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• SandyBoy
      Super-Experienced
      • Oct 31 2002

Alexander;

do it
      do it
      do it
      do it
      do it
      do it
      do it
      do it
      do it
      do it
      do it
      Don't miss a GOLDEn Opportuinity !! You can steal away ANY 'Bird show! YOU and Your T-B will be the most talked about 2 at the show!

....and besides, the combo looks GGrreat! You just CAN'T deny that!

JUST DO IT :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Comment

• Rockin Kev
        Experienced
        • Oct 31 2002

Alex
        Thanks for the info and when iam next in Germany doing a tour with my coach and i have a day off i will visit the Golde company. I have found out that they produce still all the hardware for restoration so when iam there i will see what other goodies i can get my hands on!.
        As for you Sandy you got a great sense of humour! and i like it.
        Kev.

Comment

• SandyBoy
          Super-Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

I do have a great sence of humor ~~~ But this time I am really serious. The color combo is neat, attracts attention, and would be a "1-off" ~ It's gotta be a bronzeee-gold, however, just like his picture. I like things that are different. I drove a PINK Lincoln Mark VII for a while, factory one off made special for me. You gotta kick "tush" and beat the drum and make some noise in this world, or you're just an also ran! Not really sure if that color combo would fit the pretty conservative Alexander, but he could grow into it!
          Folks wanna see a GOLDE topped Sun Roof - 'ya give 'em a GOLDE topped sun roof, damit!! Right?? Woo-Hoo
          :9 :9

Comment

• Alexander
            Webmaster
            • Oct 30 2002

Kevin,

I am glad to hear that Golde is still in business. I would like to know what they still have available for the roof. I got new the three different seals for the sunroof from Bob's Bird House. I believe they are reproductions.

I would like to get the white rubber seal that goes around the opening inside the headliner. That has shrunk over the years.

Do you have a web address for Golde? I could not find anything on an Internet search.

Alexander
            1959 Hardtop
            1960 Golde Top
            Alexander
            1959 Hard Top
            1960 Golde Top
            sigpic

Comment

• Alexander
              Webmaster
              • Oct 30 2002

Do they have paint that would look like gold plating? I would think it would be awfully expensive to actually have the roof polished and plated. Would the Lincoln Medium Gold Metallic used in 1998-99 look right? How was the 50 millionieth Chevrolet painted in 1955? It was all gold with gold plated trim.

Alexander
              1959 Hardtop
              1960 Golde Top
              Alexander
              1959 Hard Top
              1960 Golde Top
              sigpic

Comment

• SandyBoy
                Super-Experienced
                • Oct 31 2002

THE color that you want is 1974 Thunderbird "Autumn Gold" It's Ford code is 5R (off to fina a sample 4 U):-)

Comment

• Rockin Kev
                  Experienced
                  • Oct 31 2002

RE: Golde company

Alex
                  The Golde company was sold to Arvin Merritor company, now this company is on your side of the big pond and owns companys in europe. I have tried to find web pages from there main site but no luck. I did find Golde main site but the page will not open!!!! . Now iam trying hard to make contact with a young chap whom has bought a 1960 Bird to restore and has joined www.tbirdforum.com for help. We need to get in contact with him as he lives in Frankfort am Main Germany!!. Iam wondering if this Bird is a Golde top as he has stated that this Bird has been in Germany from new. So maybe its first owner may have ordered the car then took it to Golde for a private convertion?. However i will keep trying.
                  Kev.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎