X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, fcar !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, Nick! Nick hales from Georgia and does not own a Tbird. If you are looking for a Tbird, we can certainly help you find one. Just let us know which year, model, color, etc. you are looking for and we can help you locate one. If you have problems navigating our Forum, please contact me. Enjoy The Journey!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Nick also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any questionanswer where you canand participate oftenWe will find you a TBird.
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Hey Nick,
      Welcome to Squarebirds! Ask questions and look through some of the old post. There are plenty of nice old Thunderbirds out there that has your name on it.
      Once again welcome!
      Richard D. Hord

Comment

• fcar
        Apprentice
        • Nov 13 2010

Thank you for the warm welcome and please excuse my delay in acknowledging your welcome. As a matter of fact, I am looking at a '60 Hardtop and if anybody could/would check it out, I would greatly appreciate it and be happy to offer reasonable compensation for time/transportation.
        The car is in Clearwater, Fl and is currently on Ebay. I have talked to the seller (he's selling for a friend and he readily admits to his lack of knowledge about the car). Unfortunately, I have to admit to the same or greater lack of knowledge!

Any help is and will be appreciated! Thanks, Nick

Comment

Hey Nick,
          She is a beauty and a Gold Top Edition! Wife and I (as of right now) will be headed to Herando Fl around the 22nd or 23rd. That is less than 100 miles away. I don't know if the seller can wait that long or not? Wife just told me (as long as I was not going to buy her, HA) if we get the chance we could swing buy and look at her!
          Anywho, If there is anything we (Squarebirds) can do or any questions you have feel free to ask, we are here to help!
          Once again welcome!
          Richard D. Hord

Comment

• fcar
            Apprentice
            • Nov 13 2010

Thank you for offering though I don't know if it will be around that long! My big concern with the car is rust and to what extent/degree. Additional pictures from seller show some small--in the pictures--bubbles just above the right rear wheel opening and rust or paint chipping/flaking immediately above the chrome or SS piece where rear right side roof meets the body. I'm not into restoring body parts much less frame parts etc.. and having lived in southeast Florida for a few years as a teenager, I know what a nightmare water and salt air can do to to most metals.

Any advice/help is welcome as I am not qualified in any sense of the word in body/frame integrity so my inspecting the car leaves me very vulnerable to huge amounts of risk at least in my mind! Nick

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Nick in my opinion and if you are somewhat serious about a purchase, a road trip is in mind. As you are in Georgia and Clearwater is not the opposite side of the country,a visual inspection ( not pictures ) would be in order. I had a buddy purchase a 69 Camaro two years ago ( I know, I know ) off EBay just from pixs sent from Denton Texas, not cheap I might add and is only now this summer enjoying cruisin. For very little $$ he could have flown down and saved a whole ton of $$ It was nightmare ana badly misrepresented by exterior shots. This car is rare BUT as the saying goes " if it too good to be true, it probably is" If you are really serious about going down Google " car appraisers "in Clearwater and they can meet up with you. IMHO
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• fcar
                Apprentice
                • Nov 13 2010

I agree, so does anyone know of a reputable appraiser in Clearwater? I wouldn't even consider buying the car without seeing/driving it. The inspection is only as good as the inspector, and I've seen and heard of some pretty incompetent inspections/appraisals. Thanks, Nick

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, fcar !!

Hi Nick! I have taken the liberty to contact by email our ownly known member in Clearwater. I have asked him if he can provide us with contact information for reputable car appraisers in his city, or if he can contact other classic car clubs who might know of one. I also asked him if he could not provide that information, if he would be willing to go check out this car for you. I will let you know what he says when he gets back with me.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                  The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                  Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                  Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                  https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• fcar
                    Apprentice
                    • Nov 13 2010

Really appreciate your help! Thank you, Nick

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢