Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crmenterprises
    • Aug 12 2012

1965 convert top 60 amp circuit breaker

Who can help me? Located next to the battery below the starter solenoid is the 60 amp circuit breaker for the top. The breaker failed and when my mechanic finally got another one after 5 weeks, he had unhooked the old, and now forgot how to rehook. There is a #10 green coming from firewall, 2 wires ( 1 yellow and 1 black coming from harness and a 8" #10 black cable jumper with eyelets that is loose. Can anyone post a photo from a convertible or tell me how it should be hooked.

Thanks Chuck
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

1965 convert top 60 amp circuit breaker

Chuck, you might take a look at the Technical Resource Library (TRL) and check the wiring diagram for your Tbird there. That might help you sort this out. Just look at my signature element and click on the link to the TRL. Slid down until you find the wiring diagrams and click on that.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• crmenterprises
      • Aug 12 2012

Follow-up of electrical diagram

I went to the diagrams and looked at the years 64 and also the 65. There seems to be pages missing on the 65 so I jumped to the 66 to get the theme of the wiring. Is there any other place I can go to get more complete diagrams of the 65?
      Chuck

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Does your dash have an ammeter?
        Was that the Ammeter's Shunt your mechanic removed?

The wiring diagrams are all there for 1965. They are in two parts, so you can print and paste them together.

Take a few pics of the 'bad' parts and send them to:
        simplyconnected@aol.com or post them using Photobucket. - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎