No announcement yet.

Car Colors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Colors

My 59 Squarebird started out being black with a white top and then was painted red with a white top and my question is was the inside of the car painted the same as the outside mainly under the dash like the fresh air vents or was everything under the dash painted gloss, semigloss or flat black. We're thinking of going back to the black on the outside or going with the Lincoln platinum with red leather inside. Thanks I love my Bird Barry.:7
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Car Colors

The fresh air vents and levers under the dash are black. The interior of the car is color keyed to the upholstery. If you have a red leather interior, the dash, the trim under the dash, the package tray and the steering column are red.

I am also thinking of keeping the red leather interior on my 1960 and painting the outside platinum.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

To Alexander,
      Thank you for all the help you've been giving me! What black gloss semigloss or flat? The paint on the parts I have it could be anything.

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

I think it is a semi-gloss. I will check on my cars this weekend to confirm.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

• Alexander
          Webmaster
          • Oct 30 2002

I checked on a 1958, 1959 and 1960 Thunderbird this weekend. All had original paint on the fresh air vents and handle. The paint appears to be a semi-gloss to gloss. It is hard to tell. Either gloss or semigloss would look right.

Alexander
          1959 Hardtop
          1960 Golde Top
          Alexander
          1959 Hard Top
          1960 Golde Top
          sigpic

Comment

platium has anyone found a match for the silver platium in a spray I just want to cover up a parts car so it doesn't look so bad

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎