X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Jed Zimmerman Has Passed On

Jed Zimmerman ~ Ca58tbird of Clearwater, MN passed away on June 2, 2016. His death is sudden to us and we just found out today. He was a devout Lutheran and he always prayed for anyone in need.

Here is his obituary:

Jed Zimmerman joined Squarebirds.org on 04-26-2008 because he owned a white '58 Hardtop. He made his living doing Fiberglas repairs, painting, wrapping boats and restorations of many types including the repair and restoration of Tbird steering wheels and foam seat cushions. My steering wheel and my new foam seat cushions were made by him. He also restored two steering wheels for Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected and for many of our members. For years he marketed foam cushions to various Tbird parts houses.

Jed was always a pleasure to talk with, helpful, friendly and full of knowledge. In recent years he battled pancreatic cancer and by all indications had overcome it. He was in remission for many months. We surmise his passing was because of a relapse. Jed's last post was two short months before his death.

He is going to be sorely missed by many of us who got to know him well from his hundreds of posts on the Forum, and our personal conversations with him. Fortunately, his foam seat cushions are being made these days by some of the Tbird parts houses. I do not know if anyone is doing steering wheel repair though. Mine still looks brand new after some 8 years of use.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • bird 60
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 18 2009

My condolences To the Zimmerman Family.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Rest in peace, Jed. I know you fought cancer and nearly beat it, but God called you home to be with your dad and your favorite dog Jazmine, in Heaven, where your gas tank will always be full and you can cruise to the beach any time you want.

Jed and I spent many hours over the phone, talking about cars and the best products used to do every kind of restoration. I'm proud to call Jed my friend and I will sorely miss him.

Here are a few pictures of some of the things Jed loved to spend his off-time with:

We'll miss you, my friend... - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thanks for posting the additional pix and comments, Dave. Dave had PM'd me last night, saying that he had been trying to get in contact with Jed on the phone, but his calls were going to voice mail. So I did some fast checking and found the information on Jed's passing. I have been so busy helping other members recently, that I had not noticed that Jed had not posted for several months.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

I too was taken back in Jed's passing from Ray's post this morning, as he was a good man and a strong supporter of our squarebirds family. He was always willing to help out and we shared our love of the squarebirds. We all rejoiced when he went into remission as he posted on our site and had a new lease on life.

Jed and my wife Marg had similar 58's both in exterior / interior colors and options and talked about them often.
          RIP Jed.

Dan and Marg Calgary, Alberta Canada
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• DKheld
            Super-Experienced
            • Aug 27 2008

Wow - as mentioned - very sad and condolences to the Zimmerman's - thought he had it beat - will miss reading his posts.

Eric

Comment

• tbird430
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 18 2007

This is a very sad reading...

Jed helped me get into this Squarebird hobby many years ago, back in the early 1990's when I first bought my '60 T-Bird.

He will be missed sorely back here on earth. Tinkering with T-Birds up in heaven though.

Prayers go out to his entire family...

-Jon in TX.
              sigpic
              The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Ian M Greer
                Experienced
                • Jul 29 2010

I'm off and on with checking in on my favourite web site and am truly sorry to here about Jed's passing. The last I had heard as Ray that he was in remission. My sincere , thoughts and prayers for his loss to his family and all his friends he will be missed in our group discussions for sure , kindest regards Ian M Greer .

Comment

• lexdownunder
                  Apprentice
                  • Sep 7 2010

Susan & I have been in Canada & Alaska for the past five weeks so have not been checking this website.
                  We were so shocked & saddened to read about the passing of Jed.

Jed was one of the respondents to my post last year regarding my experience with prostate cancer.
                  At that stage (Sept 2015), Jed was in remission but still had to undergo more chemo in the future.

Just so very, very sad.
                  Our heartfelt sympathy & prayers to Jed's family & friends.

Lex & Susan
                  Tasmania

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Lex & Susan, I hope you had a great, enjoyable trip and a safe one. Yesss, it was a great surprise to us also. How are you doing, by the way? I hope all is well with you!

Comment

• scumdog
                      Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

So sudden and so sad!

Condolences from New Zealand to all of his family.

And he was such an active and helpful guy on this site, he will be missed.
                      A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Dan Leavens

• Oct 4 2006

Lex how was your trip to Canada / what parts did you see ?
                        Thunderbird Registry
                        58HT #33317
                        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• lexdownunder
                          Apprentice
                          • Sep 7 2010

Hi Dan

Absolutely loved Canada & Alaska.
                          Can't wait to do it again but with more free time.

Here is copy of email I sent to Ray Clark yesterday.

Cheers
                          Lex

Hi Ray

Good to hear from you.
                          Susan & I are going just great. Healthy & loving life!!
                          We have just returned from the most amazing holiday in Canada & Alaska.
                          It would have been great to maybe catch up with fellow Tbirders but as we were part of a tour group, free time was a rarity. Pretty much every minute of every day was taken up with travelling & sight seeing.
                          I was hoping to get to Seattle & meet the lady who was the former owner of my Tbird, but didn't work out that way.
                          It definitely won't be our last trip in U.S & Canada. What magnificent scenery & wildlife.

Briefly, we flew from Australia direct to Vancouver then a small plane to Victoria on Vancouver Island. Spend a couple of days there doing our own thing until we met up with the tour group.
                          Next couple of days, toured Vancouver island by coach.
                          Went by ferry (coach & all) from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay.
                          Coach tour for next two weeks to Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Lillooet, Cache Creek, Kamloops, Clearwater, Blue River, Mt Robson, Jasper, Lake Louise then Banff.

What a road trip. Scenery is unbelievable & so much wildlife. Got some great photos of grizzly bears, black bears, beavers. squirrels, elk, long horn sheep, mountain goats, eagles & more.

Went by train (Rocky Mountaineer) from Banff to Vancouver. Two days of extraordinary scenery through the Rockies.
                          The Rocky Mountaineer is just such a special ride. Canadians can be rightly proud. It was an experience we will remember always.

Actually had my 70th birthday at Lake Louise. What breathtaking views we had from our room.

From Vancouver, went by cruise ship for seven days from Vancouver to Juneau & return. Stopped into Glacier Bay, Skagway & Ketchican.

Like I said Ray, this really was a trip of a lifetime & we can't wait to do it some more.

Hope all is well with you Ray

Cheers
                          Lex & Susan

Comment

• Dan Leavens

• Oct 4 2006

Lex looks like you had a great itinerary and came real close to us in Calgary in seeing Banff. Beautiful as you say and the views are marvelous. Will need to try and hook up next time you come our way.
                            Thunderbird Registry
                            58HT #33317
                            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• simplyconnected
                              Administrator
                              • May 26 2009

I had a great conversation with Jed's sister, Jenny Zimmerman, this morning. She found our site by using a search engine, looking for Squarebird seat foams. Sure enough, Jed's posts came up then she sent us an email.

We spoke at length about Jed, how he loved to help others and about some of his many restoration skills.

Turns out, Jed knew his pancreatic cancer was back last January but he did not want to go through chemo again.

Jed's dog, Jazmine, was his true companion. She is up in years now and through a series of visits to the Vet, has run up a bill upwards of a thousand dollars. So to defray the costs, Jed's family has put his 1958 Squarebird, 1948 Dodge Panel Truck, and 1999 Astro Van on the auction block:
                              CLICK HERE FOR THE AUCTION

I promised Jenny I would advertise the auction on our site just to give it more coverage. More later... - Dave
                              Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                              --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎