No announcement yet.

New wind swipe motor installed!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New wind swipe motor installed!!

Just thought I would drop a note to let everyone here know I now have windshield wipers that really work. I think the hardest part of installing this motor wasn't the motor but that dam glove box. I swear that the engineer who figure out that peice of junk should have been shot at sunrise!!!! If and when you remove your glove box you'll see what I mean. Oh well it back in place and I hope never haft to remove that object again.

Here is a small tip for installing the wiper motor back up into the black hole. Make sure you compress the cable tighteners on a vise and then tighten the 3/8 nut on the shaft. I don't think this was mentioned by Alex but this will help when reinstalling the wiper motor cables. Oh one more thing while the motor is almost installed (No fasters) start up car and check that the operating cable is working and that the motor will go on and oft.

So let it rain, rain and rain some more as I have some wipers that does the more!!!!!! Any question if someone is about to tackle this device give an e-mail and I might be able to help you out! Have a great Sunday!!! Jon (From the evergreen state Washington)

RE: New wind swipe motor installed!!

I want to do the same to mine so I have a few questions. Thanks
    Where did you purchase it from? How did you mount the on/off switch?(any photos) Does it have a setting to pump washer fluid?

Comment

First I purchased the wiper motor from Thunderbird Headquarters. I only replaced the old unit and so there is a switch on the dash that just rotates and that intern work the wiper motor. And there are two attachment point for vacuum hoses on this unit. I only have one vacuum hose hoked up and the other attachment point has a cap over it. As far as the windshield washer mechanism goes I have a foot powered ball on the floor that is used to put pressure on the washer part. I will take a picture of this unit and maybe someone else has one of these. I think it was an aftermarket item.

Comment

I mis-read your post. I thought you installed an electric motor. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎