X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kimmc
    Experienced
    • Mar 5 2014

weatherstrip questions...

I have a '59 convertible and am beginning to put on the new weatherstrip. I've attached a picture of 2 pieces that I think go beneath the package tray but I am uncertain of the proper orientation. The Body, Trim, and sealant Assembly Manual has not helped. Maybe someone could post a picture of how these are supposed to be installed. Also, I am uncertain about the orientation of the seal around the headlight door. It's kind of an S shape in cross-section. Perhaps a picture of that too. Thanks yet again. Kim Mc
    Attached Files
  • arizonajack
    Experienced
    • Oct 15 2013

I just saw your post today. Hang in there and I'll take a look at my 59 Convertible tomorrow and see what I can do for you.

Comment

• arizonajack
      Experienced
      • Oct 15 2013

Here are the installed weatherstrip photos. Can't help you with the headlight door as mine are metal to metal with no seal.
      Attached Files

Comment

• arizonajack
        Experienced
        • Oct 15 2013

Oops. Wrong weatherstrip. Here's the ones you have in your photo. There's not much left of mine but you can see how the angled part of each piece follows the curve of the trunk edge.
        Attached Files

Comment

• kimmc
          Experienced
          • Mar 5 2014

weatherstrip questions...

Thank you ArizonaJack. Your pictures are exactly what I wanted to see. Thanks too for the pictures of the weatherstrip on the package tray of the folding top mechanism. Those will help too. I appreciate it that you took the time to take pictures and post them for me...takes some time I know, so thank you. I will send you some pictures of "Ruby", a car for my wife; she (the car is nearly done!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎