This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:27 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Need a 1966 Electrical Wiring Diagram

I need a very good quality electrical wiring diagram for a '66 Tbird. I am compiling a list of Tbird electrical wiring diagrams for the Technical Resource Library that you will be able to click on and print out, hopefully, a decent copy when you need it. I have copies of all except for the 1966 Tbird. If you have one, and can send it to me, email it to rayclark07@gmail.com Thank you!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message or (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 03-18-2010, 04:49 AM
Super-Experienced

scumdog is on a distinguished road

Ray, I have a copy of the factory wiring book- sadly I don't have the knowledge to post it.

BTW: The red bulbs behind the back-up lights on mine have not been connected to the tail-light loom - and I cannot see any connection on the loom for them to connect to.
So instead of having one big long tail-light to look at I have two separate ones, one each side of my back-up light.

Any theories??

Sorry about the hi-jack but it came to mind while htinking of the wiring.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Need a 1966 Electrical Wiring Diagram

Hi Tom,

If you have a flat bed scanner, you can scan it in as a .jpg file. The the .jpg file could be emailed to me.

I do not know the answer to your question, but hopefully, one of the other members do and will come along and address it for you!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message or (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 04-17-2012, 03:45 AM
Super-Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
Ray, I have a copy of the factory wiring book- sadly I don't have the knowledge to post it.

BTW: The red bulbs behind the back-up lights on mine have not been connected to the tail-light loom - and I cannot see any connection on the loom for them to connect to.
So instead of having one big long tail-light to look at I have two separate ones, one each side of my back-up light.

Any theories??
OK, at long last getting onto this probelm in the 'centre-section' of my '66 tail-lights - found the three centre sockets for dual-filament bulbs had no bulbs in them!!!

The singl-filament reversing light bulbs were there and worked OK.

So on investigating further I noticed the empty bulb socket contacts were badly corroded, so bad that I've decided to replace them.

Luckily I know the owner of our local 'auto-sparky' business and he located brand new (OK, 'Made in Taiwan"!) fittings that had identical contacts, plastic base etc. only BOTH wires are coloured black!

So in the throes of fitting these to the centre-section of the tail-lights using the original brass sockets.

One question: Why in my '1966 Thunderbird Wiring Diagram Manual' does it show the two wires going into the centre section, one coloured black, ( number 14) the other are coloured black-red (number 140) when in my untampered loom one wire is black, the other GREEN!???
Old 04-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Super-Experienced

Default Back-up light mystery

UPDATE:

On stripping back the cruddy tarry insulation tape I see that the green wire running from the two end and the one centre bulb is 'dead-ended', i.e.goes nowhere, as such I will try and link them to the existing back-up light loom, can anybody see a problem with that?

At present the set-up in the centre-section of my tail-light assembly is thus:

T/L B/U T/L B/U T/L

T/L = tail-light bulb (dual filament) and B/U = back-up light (single filament)

Why did Ford even put those dual-filamnet sockets in the T/L locations?
Old 04-21-2012, 05:17 AM
Super-Experienced

Default Further progress

OK, got the backup/tail-light wiring sorted out - I've run a lead from the 'terminated' wires so if I want to I can hook them up to the brake circuit some time in the future (probably run another relay)

And I fitted new contacts to the sockets, that was a bit of a mission!

But the sockets those bulbs fit into are very 'loose' and and split down the sides (maybe caused by corrosion when the old bulbs were there??) and are kind of 'bell-mouthed', the bulbs would hardly stay in place - even after a bit of 'massaging' of the sockets with pliers.

The bulbs would sit at funny angles, at times not work and even once or twice a bulb would 'pop' out of the socket.

So I used a very small worm-drive hose-clip on each socket, put the clip on loose, fitted the bulb and using a small socket I finger-tightened the hose-clips.
Viola, bulbs sit firm and work 100%!!