X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beatnik
    • Jan 9 2009

Hello - New

Hello All!
    I am new to this forum and wanted to drop a line introducing myself. I purchased a '59 Michigan Squarebird back in September '08. Since then I have been wrenching away relentlessly trying to get her into shape. Her name is "Rusty"!! Since September I have cut 90% of the rust out of the car put her all back together. I got her running & driving. Still having some COM linkage problems along with a passenger side leaking exhaust manifold with bolts that are so rusted they are actually part of the manifold... I still love Fords! Tim
  • byersmtrco
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 28 2004

Welcome from San Jose, California !!!

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hello - New

Hi Tim, and welcome to Squarebirds! You have really been doing quite a lot of work on your Tbird! Good luck with getting her back into good running condition. If you have any pictures of her, we are always interested in seeing them. You can send any you have to me and I can post them for you. My email is:
      rayclark07@gmail.com

If I can be of any help to you in navigating our Forum, send me a Private Message (PM) or email.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Welcome

Tim,
        These guys are great. If you need to know anything about a Thunderbird, they will tell you or find out for you. Good luck with you Thunderbird!!!

Comment

• SandyBoy
          Super-Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

Welcome !

Sandy

Comment

• RustyNCa
            Super-Experienced
            • May 31 2007

Originally posted by Beatnik
            Hello All!
            I am new to this forum and wanted to drop a line introducing myself. I purchased a '59 Michigan Squarebird back in September '08. Since then I have been wrenching away relentlessly trying to get her into shape. Her name is "Rusty"!! Since September I have cut 90% of the rust out of the car put her all back together. I got her running & driving. Still having some COM linkage problems along with a passenger side leaking exhaust manifold with bolts that are so rusted they are actually part of the manifold... I still love Fords! Tim

Welcome to the brotherhood, we will do our best to mis inform you

RustyNCA

Comment

• saverio
              Experienced
              • Mar 14 2005

Welcome, you have come to the right place. The members here are a wealth of information. But it seems you have been doing well on your own. Who knows, we may have questions for you?

Good luck!

Sal
              Sal III

60 T BD

Thunderbird Registry # 33126 - VTCI # 11138- CTCI #02521

Comment

Hi Tim you have come to the right place.What is your COM linkage prob.I guarantee someone here has had the same problem and knows how to solve it.

Comment

• Beatnik
                  • Jan 9 2009

My COM linkage problem is this: My t-bird is an original 50,000 mile car, but was parked in 1980 - I believe because there was no park. I tore the transmission apart and the arm that swings down to engage the pawl had a broken ear. I had the arm rebuild and park works! However... I have to thread up the linkage on the column all the way so that the pawl doesn't slip and now when you put it in gear the gears don't line up with the selector. So when I am in Reverse it shows Neutral and so on. Not that big of deal, but it gets to me and I can't put it in L. I have not dug to deep into it, but I was wondering if I can pull the selector arm on the transmission and realign it so that I can get park and all the gears. Tim

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎