Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dgs
    Super-Experienced
    • Feb 13 2003

Hey, you asked for the whole car, I just want the seats.

Fine, you're in line first.
    DGS (aka salguod)
    1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
    www.salguod.net

Comment

• Coral
      Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Comment

Hey brandonian,
        To your post dated 7-8-2009, You paid $400.00 dollars for each
        Guy! you stole the Birds!!!
        Richard D. Hord

Comment

• brandonian
          Apprentice
          • Aug 4 2007

Found these birds on craigslist listed in Springfield, MO. I e-mailed the guy and he said $800.00 for the pair. I asked, "What's the catch?" "No catch, the wife wants them gone in the next week!"

So, I asked a few questions. The red car was all matching numbers, complete car, good windshield, good back glass. It runs, but needs a new battery. It has an extra set of door panels and an extra set of bucket seats. It also had a brand new never outta the box vinyl dash, which is almost $400.00 itself.

The white car caught the worst of the tornado, but it's mostly dents and broken glass which can be repaired.

Selling the front and rear bumpers alone would pay for what I have invested in these cars!

I definitely got a deal of a lifetime on these two!

Checked the plates, the plate says the white car was white with black and white interior. The red car was originally pink with black and grey interior.

There's a few minor pieces of trim and chrome missing, which I figure over time I'll find here and there. And the aluminum on the two extra door panels was crushed in the tornado.

Will add some photos later when I get the chance!

Comment

• RustyNCa
            Super-Experienced
            • May 31 2007

Originally posted by brandonian
            Found these birds on craigslist listed in Springfield, MO. I e-mailed the guy and he said $800.00 for the pair. I asked, "What's the catch?" "No catch, the wife wants them gone in the next week!"

So, I asked a few questions. The red car was all matching numbers, complete car, good windshield, good back glass. It runs, but needs a new battery. It has an extra set of door panels and an extra set of bucket seats. It also had a brand new never outta the box vinyl dash, which is almost $400.00 itself.

The white car caught the worst of the tornado, but it's mostly dents and broken glass which can be repaired.

Selling the front and rear bumpers alone would pay for what I have invested in these cars!

I definitely got a deal of a lifetime on these two!

Checked the plates, the plate says the white car was white with black and white interior. The red car was originally pink with black and grey interior.

There's a few minor pieces of trim and chrome missing, which I figure over time I'll find here and there. And the aluminum on the two extra door panels was crushed in the tornado.

Will add some photos later when I get the chance!
            Um, that's not even fair......

And I thought I got a smoking deal on my two squarebirds...

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My 60 Bird

Hey Brandon! Great deal! Don't forget to send the VIN, Data Plate info and a picture to John Rotella for the Tbird Registry! I am sure he will appreciate having it. www.tbirdregistry.com

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• brandonian
                Apprentice
                • Aug 4 2007

I did on Sunday, but haven't heard back from him yet!

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                  Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Brandon just got back on the site and saw yor thread and posts. Great purchase on the two (2) birds and yo certainly have a lot of wiggle room to purchase parts with that price Great find and get some pixs when you can.
                  Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                  Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Coral
                    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Originally posted by brandonian
                    I did on Sunday, but haven't heard back from him yet!
                    It will be a while, John does the cars in batches...can't recall off hand now, but think I waited a bit over a week on Coral's number - BUT it is highly important that this data is being recorded!
                    Its not a job to be taken lightly, and John does a great job!

Comment

• brandonian
                      Apprentice
                      • Aug 4 2007

John got my two new cars added! Woo hoo! Got links to all 3 added to my signature here.

Okay, so the red car is completely there. It has every original piece, down to the darn washer bag ... now ... not all of it is in the best condition, but I haven't found anything aside from 1 window motor and the rotting trunk matts and the spare tire jack that are missing ... KNOCK ON WOOD. It starts. The radio doesn't work, but the heater does. (AND BOY DOES IT!)

So originally this red car was pink. It's all matching numbers, so I wonder just how much of a problem and how much it would really hurt the value if had it painted red again instead.

Comment

• Dutchbird
                        Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Hi Brandon,

Congrats on your Birds!
                        You're creating a 'sixties heaven' all by yourself. (to be continued?)
                        Should be really fun to hang around up there..........................

Comment

• Coral
                          Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Originally posted by RustyNCa
                          Um, that's not even fair......

And I thought I got a smoking deal on my two squarebirds...

TELL me about it....I'm still sulking over it,

Congratulations brandonian...

the red car is the closest I think I've seen on here to my Coral she's 52459....

Comment

• tbird430
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Jun 18 2007

Way to go Brandon. Your saving a FLOCK of Birds I see now my fine feathered friend!!

I think we have a Squarebird "addict" on our hands people!!

-Jon in TX
                            sigpic
                            The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• brandonian
                              Apprentice
                              • Aug 4 2007

Here's a few pictures of the red car I took when I got it home. We've taken out the seats and all the chrome and parts that were in the back seat and trunk, and have them in the garage. (Need a good cleaning.)

I've got 3 birds now, and plenty of room for more! If I can keep finding good deals, I'll just keep adding ... though it's not really smart right now, I just can't refuse a good deal!

Would really like to see some more pics of Coral's bird! I only saw the one on the registry. Is there a thread here I need to check out to see them?

Thanks guys! I'll try to add pictures as I can. And the blue bird is still in the paint shop ... a year and a week later ... that's what happens when you have friends paint your car I suppose! HA!

Comment

Hey Brandon,
                                I got a name for a sign out you can put out front.
                                BRANDON'S BIRD NEST!!!
                                I wish my wife would let me have all the Birds I want, I would have one of every different body style!
                                Richard D. Hord

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎