• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newyear
    Experienced
    • Jan 4 2005

Carburetor jets

Hi,
    Can anyone please recommend a supplier for carburetor jets? I have a Ford 4100 F1.12 carburetor marked C0AEK which I believe is a 1960 date . It has four different jets fitted (56 and 58 in the primary float chamber and 63 and 64 in the secondary)- I would like to fit the correct jets which I think should be 54 primary and 65 secondary for an engine operating between 0 and 5000 feet . It is curious how these sizes get mixed up over time as there are other posts detailing similar odd combinations
    Many thanks
    Peter
    1958/352
    If someone would confirm the jet sizes I would be greatful as they are those detailed for a 1958 carburetor(shop manual)
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Carburetor jets

for the COAE-9510-K That you have(which is one the correct carburetors for 1960) at 0-5000 feet the primary jets should be 53. If you had the J version it would be 54.

The secondary jets for both these carburetors at 0-5000 feet is 63.

There are two version of the 352 4100 carburetor in 1959 and 1960 for the 352 engine. Anyone know why and what the difference is?

You can get the jets from Pony Carburetors or most the T-Bird vendors.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• KULTULZ

RE: Carburetor jets

>There are two version of the 352 4100 carburetor in 1959 and 1960 for the 352 engine. Anyone know why and what the difference >is?

That would require one not only researching the CARB PARTS LIST in the MASTER PARTS CATALOG for component difference(s) but also individual year specifications sheets to see what settings/adjustments are unique to each year.

If two were fairly close, you would see one replacing the other (especially in rebuilts) over the years. This is one way to loose certain driveability characteristics (especially in rebuilds) and one must search the correct specification(s) for his unique carburetor (unless updated by factory TSB) to maybe regain certain operating chacteristics.

>You can get the jets from Pony Carburetors or most the T-Bird vendors.

Early 4100 carbs (up to 1963) used Holley jets (Example 51 designated size). Later carbs used Ford jets (different threads) (Example 51F {F for FORD} designated size).

The same numbers flow the same rate. The same holds true for 2100 carbs (2BBL).

Comment

• KULTULZ

Staggered Jetting

>It is curious how these sizes get mixed up over time as there are other posts detailing similar odd combinations

If not done during reassembly by mistake, this is called jet staggering, i.e. the jets are staggered in rated flow to correct (hopefully) certain cylinders that are running rich/lean due to intake manifold design.

For normal operation, just replace with MPC listed jets and check your spark plugs occaisionally to see how the mixture is burning (called plug reading).

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎