Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mlt298
    • May 13 2012

1959 Power windows switch

Hello all, I have started working on the wireing for my 59 now. 1st thing is the windows did not work. So after checking into this it looks like someone installed newer power windows motors and switches, trouble is they hacked the old switches up bad!! Anyone know where I can get the 4 switches and the housing? I have looked at all the places I could find and have not seen them. Looks like 59 had a one year switch.... Also the newer motors they used are 2 wires not 3. but I can make it work if I can find the switches I think.
    Thanks,
    Mike
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

1959 Power windows switch

Mike send Carl Heller ~ partsetal on here a Private Message (PM). Carl has Squarebirds parts cars and probably has those parts you are needing. He can read your post when he comes on next time and see what you had to say, but give him a PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• newbird59
      Experienced
      • Dec 27 2011

Just bought a power switch housing today from Thunderbird Headquarters for $25 bucks. It's beautiful!

I have a set of switches for a 59 and wiring for them. Send me a pm if you are interested. Here is a photo of the new housing and old housing with switches. They are just dirty and will clean up well.

1960 Thunderbird
      429 TJ
      C6 Tranny
      Under Construction

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍