Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rannugno
    Apprentice
    • Aug 22 2011

This is the best picture I've got of the backside of the package tray before I repainted it. I think there was some tags on the backside on one or two items, but they are repainted and gone, no pictures unfortunately... But the back seat have a tag under marked "date 6 - 24", no year. I may take a picture and post later.

The center console did have vinyl coating and the two covers under the the dash on each sides had a textured and painted surface (also re textured and painted), you can see them on the picture below with the backside up.

Hope i answered your questions.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Gunnar S - 58 Thunderbird
    http://squarebirds.org/users/gunnar/...bird/index.htm
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=5569

Comment

• Dutchbird
      Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Originally posted by rannugno
      Fuz, I'm looking forward to hear about your eventually findings regarding this blue color shades. When Ford changed from winterset white to colonial white during summer 58, is it possible they also changed the interior color shade for interior code XA? My car have the first color, winterset white.
      Hello Gunnar,

Mine was original Winterset White wit code XA also, but repainted in the States before I bought it.
      I still can see some light blue color also at some (hidden) spots in the interior just like your pieces...
      (I think it's the same color you have, the lighter one)

Comment

• tbird430
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 18 2007

My parents '58 Bird is two-tone. It has a Regatta Blue bottom & the earlier Whiterset White top....

-Jon in TX.
        sigpic
        The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• tmjsong1aolcom
          Experienced
          • Mar 31 2004

I just looked thru my dealers showroom book. There is no light blue in the book for 58 birds. All the other Fords used a light blue vinyl when vinyl was used or least according to the swatches.

I can take pics tommorrow and if I am allowed to post pics I will do so.

The swatch of light blue vinyl layed against the repro door panel is not the correct grain for either the thunderbird blue or the standard Ford blue.

I know that Ford did allow special orders over the years and custom exterior colors were possible so I assume custom interiors would be possible. Cost is ????.

I am assuming it would be possible to have the interior sewn is a light blue vinyl at the factory but the data plate would reflect this change by using either a blank trim code or some sort of special code.

My opinion is the vinyl was replaced in the past and is not original Ford.

Just My opinion. I am open to changing my opinion providing proof exists.

Sorry I do not have better news.

Good Luck
          Fuz
          58's&64's
          Sun Prairie, Wi.
          tmjsong1@aol.com

Comment

• tbird430
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 18 2007

I'll try to get pics of the metal tags on my parent's '58 T-Bird seat frames & some pics of their light blue, original, '58 interior (if they still have some left).

-Jon in TX.
            sigpic
            The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• rannugno
              Apprentice
              • Aug 22 2011

Thanks Fuz for looking threw your papers

Here's pictures of the label and the metal tag under the back seat. I don't know if it helps...
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              Gunnar S - 58 Thunderbird
              http://squarebirds.org/users/gunnar/...bird/index.htm
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=5569

Comment

• tmjsong1aolcom
                Experienced
                • Mar 31 2004

Tanx for the tag info.

I can look up the number as I have a Cat that ends in mid 59 so the original numbers are there.

Fuz

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎