• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

GM leaps Ford into top 10 on 2011 Fortune 500 list

Filed under: Ford, GM, Earnings/Financials
    Ford has been taking the lion's share of the headlines lately thanks to a fresh product lineup and a string of very impressive profit margins, but General Motors has been winning on the revenue front. CNN Money's annual Fortune 500 list was recently published, and GM climbed all the way from number 15 in 2010 to number seven in 2011. The General managed $135 billion in revenue, putting the automaker behind only Wal-Mart, some oil companies and a couple financial/investment conglomerates.

Meanwhile, Ford's Fortune ranking went in the other direction. The Dearborn, Michigan-based automaker went from number eight in 2010 to number 10 for 2011. The Blue Oval dropped in the rankings in spite of the fact that revenue jumped from $118 billion in 2010 to $128 billion in 2011.

While GM can claim a higher Fortune 500 ranking than Ford, we're guessing nobody in Dearborn is losing sleep over the matter. Both companies are in the top 10 and each company is solidly profitable, and that's the stuff happy stockholders are made of.GM leaps Ford into top 10 on 2011 Fortune 500 list originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 06 May 2011 13:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Ford, Built Without You Tax Dollars:d

Comment

• SandyBoy
      Super-Experienced
      • Oct 31 2002

How is Chrysler doing ?
      I see so many Jeeps (new) on the road, and hords of Chrysler 300s and Dodge Chargers. as well. They gotta be in the black, rather than in the red. My parentials and extended family ONLY bought MOPARS, mostley Imperials, New Yorkers, Dodge Chargers and Plymouth Sport Fury(s) during the 1960s thru the 1980s.

Comment

Hey Sandy,
        I think that would be HOARDS!
        Richard D. Hord

Comment

• SandyBoy
          Super-Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

I know, I know ~ BUT, I was thinking of YOU!

So, no idea how Mother Mopar's health is ??

Comment

Hey Sandy,
            The only Dodge, huhh, sorry, Plymouth I would own
            Richard D. Hord

"CHRISTINE" The movie car!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

• SandyBoy
              Super-Experienced
              • Oct 31 2002

My cousin's wife had THAT exact car! Golden Commando V8
              After that she got Hemi Dodges. She had an all black 1968 - a twin to the Steve's car in Bullit. My Dad had Imperial LeBarons, huge 4-Dr. ultra luxury cars in dark colors, Forest Green, Maroon, navy, dark chocolate or black. MY mom had Sport Furys and then Dodge Chargers with 383 4-Bbl. V8s My Aunt had a Chrysler 300 "E" Convertible, a super rare car, even when new.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎