• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock&Roll Firebird
    Experienced
    • Jun 20 2012

Turn signal lever

Hey, two questions regarding the turn signal lever:

a) when function properly - does it return to it's neutral position automatically or this feature came later?

b) what parts does need to be replaced to fix the play and looseness on the lever?
  • Tbird1044
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 31 2012

The turn signal lever should return to a neutral position and cancel the turn signals when the steering wheel is returned to a straight forward position. There is a "C" type clip that is attached to the back of the steering wheel and this clip is just pressed on. If the C clip is not positioned correctly, it can cause problems in cancelling the turn signals. I think there are also some springs on the turn signal switch that help return to neutral position when the C clip makes contact with the switch. Best might be to pull the steering wheel and take a look.
    Nyles
    Attached Files

Comment

• Rock&Roll Firebird
      Experienced
      • Jun 20 2012

Thank you Nyles, will do it when I have my hands on the shifting repair.

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

If you look at the parts diagram part # 13304 is the cam that engages the turn signal switch (part # 13341). You will need to take the steering wheel off and unscrew the shift plate to access them. You should be able to tell pretty easily which part is causing the looseness.

John
        Attached Files
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎