Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gold Bird
    Experienced
    • Nov 9 2007

one more picture of the back seat gap, you can see on the left side it has about a 1/4 inch.
    Attached Files
    sigpic1960 Gold Bird, original owner since new. tbirdregistry #3158

Comment

• bird 60
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 18 2009

It's a pity about the gap there Tom. I'm a stickler for detail but tell us , was the gap there before.? What I would do to fix it, if it bothers you of course is with Wind Lace starting from the lower back part of your seat all the way to the other.If done properly it will fix it plus give it a better finish. I can't check mine for gaps as I have custom made Lambswool Covers on both front & back seats. I'm sure you'll work it out one way or another.
      Is your Dad driving with his T. Bird to visit you?

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

Tom, I believe the only way to fix that gap is to cut the hog rings that are pulling the seat cover back over the foam, thus releasing the foam and allowing it to expand into the gap. I would suggest when doing this to remove the top tray and use it as a template or guide as to how far you are going to let the foam expand. If additional bulk is required to build up the foam, use layer(s) of batting material up on the outside corners on the foam and under the seat cover. By using the tray as a template you should see immediately how much the foam will expand to the tray edge once you have clipped the corner 4-6 hog rings. Once you have got it where you want it simply just re-hog ring the seat cover material back onto the frame in the correct location and tightness.

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Seats in, almost done!

The same thing happened with the rear left corner of Rose when Danny was working on that back rest. Same corner! As I recall, he did what Jed suggested below. He might have also put some additional padding in there. I do not remember for sure. But when he was finished re-doing it, that gap was filled in and the problem was solved..

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Aside from the gap issue ...

you have a great looking interior. Love the color combo, very classy. Mike

Comment

• scumdog
              Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Great looking car and I just love the match between paint and upholstery, well done!
              A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎