Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vernz
    Experienced
    • Jul 12 2008

My carpet may be original. I'll take a closer look tomorrow and send you a picture.

Vern

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Some Golde Top Statistics

I noticed in those pix you had posted, Richard, that one of the cars had the dark colored center console with dark colored carpeting. Another picture had the more tan colored center console with lighter colored carpeting. I would think that if you have the darker colored center console then the right carpeting would be that darker colored Sandalwood, I think it was... Must my 2 cents!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

I think that's just the nature of the pics the console colour is the same as the dash and the door trim colour. Guess that is the problem with trying to reference from photos

Richard
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Guest; December 14, 2010, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Rockin Kev
          Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

Kens Old Golde

Hi Richard,
          Had an idea it was the one ken did a few years ago now, he did another one in Aquamarine with all the trimmings that was a peach of a car too.
          The vtci did a cover shot of that beechwood brown car in there scoop mag so its worth tracking down.

I have been looking at the amount of squarebirds that have been shipped out of the U.S to Europe and Australia, makes me think about the interest there is in the 58-60 T-bird and beyond, take a squarebird out in the UK and it stops traffic! same can be said in Karlsrule Germany (you know who you are..lol) but it has allways been this way, the 55-57 had interest but not as much as the 58-66 range, perhaps in Europe there was more of a choice for 2+2 seated cars, but in recent years the Squarebird interest is growing all over Europe!, not so much on the larger cars of fins n crome sadly, Not sure if John Rotella has seen the incline in export sales, but then again he would need to be informed by the new owners to keep track hence why the registry is important.
          Have you noticed this John,
          Being in the UK at one point i was helping 4 new Squarebird owners now i know that dont sound much, but it has steadly grown...is Squarebird interest still growing in the U.S., I HOPE SO I CANT SE WHY IT HAS NOT BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AS as the U.S. and Canada is vast compared to some parts of Europe...any feedback?
          Kev.

Comment

• Rockin Kev
            Experienced
            • Oct 31 2002

Originally posted by YellowRose
            I noticed in those pix you had posted, Richard, that one of the cars had the dark colored center console with dark colored carpeting. Another picture had the more tan colored center console with lighter colored carpeting. I would think that if you have the darker colored center console then the right carpeting would be that darker colored Sandalwood, I think it was... Must my 2 cents!
            RAY,
            The Beechwood brown cars trim in leather were the ONLY leather trim cars to have the two tone interior from the factory, and a tan headliner, more off white than the others. The trim code 87 cars had a mild tone change in the seats with slightly lighter seat inserts, but it faded fast to the naked eye.
            Blue was blue and so was the red and black.
            That interior on Rich's car is all factory correct.
            Kev.

Comment

• Rockin Kev
              Experienced
              • Oct 31 2002

Originally posted by 1960_430_AU
              Hi Vern
              Nice to see a pic of the other twin
              Is you carpet original? Can you post a pic of it for me to see the colour as I need to replace it and can't work out the colour.
              Spoke to Ken who built the car and he dyed the carpet as the one he bought he didn't like the colour of

Richard
              try original auto interiors in columbus ohio, get a carpet sample as much carpet rolls are nos material.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎