No announcement yet.

WINDSHIELD FOR 1960 T-BIRD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WINDSHIELD FOR 1960 T-BIRD

I PURCHASED A 1960 1-OWNER SQUAREBIRD WHICH SAT IN THIS ELDERLY LADIES BARN SINCE 1982.

I HAVE SINCE RESTORED ALL EXCEPT THE WINDSHIELD WHICH HAS A VERTICAL CRACK STRAIGHT DOWN THE CENTER.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE I CAN LOCATE A WINDSHIELD FOR THIS CAR WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks and Have a blessed day!
    dr
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: WINDSHIELD FOR 1960 T-BIRD

Most of the T-Bird vendors can get you a new or used windshield. Look to the links page on the main site.

Be aware that some of the repro windshields will fit, but will be missing the outward curve from top to bottom.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• Rockin Kev
      Experienced
      • Oct 31 2002

Hi,
      With such a car with a one owner history i would look for a used windsheild and not a repro, but hey each to there own after all if a new screen means that the car is back on the road then thats what counts.
      Kev.

Comment

How can you find out what windsheilds are good and what windshields are bad?

Comment

• Rockin Kev
          Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

>How can you find out what windsheilds are good and what
          >windshields are bad?

Good Question, i do know that some windsheilds have that straight look, when if you fitted a new screen to your car and you look at your car from the side, there is no bevel look.

I know its not too important for convertibles but, on the hardtop i have heard that if you buy a screen thats to straight, flat, then there is wind noise at the top of the screen where it meets the roof.
          Kev.

Comment

Thunderchicken60 I know where there is one for $150 but it is located in Bunnell Fl.(near St.Augustine) It is located at John's Salvage on US1.Don't know if they will pull and ship it or not but if you want to call them the phone is 386-437-2163. Even with shipping charge I don't think you can go wrong for that price.I have seen them as high as $900. George

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎