Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coral
    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

As the saying goes.....better late than never.......

Since this thread started I had fallen on serious hard times, long story short I lost everything
    Including my beloved Bird, Coral

I sold her to a fella named Roger a semi-retired architect as, at the time, a parts offering for his (then) current project '59 convertible ~ it must have been my tears and whailings that changed his mind, because this morning I finally had the guts to call him and find out the fate of my precious

He has saved her!

He was describing ripping her apart down to the bolts, blasting and dipping and piecing her back together, with 5 glorious coats of a moraccan yellow (I think because I was bawling again by this time) and 5 coats of clear
    Her insides will be graced with a medium chocolate brown leather

Pictures are not available yet but will be and we will stay in contact, he said he KNEW the decision to part with Coral was something I was forced into, but he was thrilled to find out his money actually saved the day for me, I was able to buy a running van, move to TX with my family and finally...
    GET A JOB AGAIN

I can't tell you all how much it means to me finding Coral alive and well after all the long wait she had, just writing this I realize how off the wall crazy I sound after all its just a car... right?

Pardon me......I need a tissue.....

Comment

• V-John
      Experienced
      • Mar 22 2013

I feel really bad that you had to give your car up. But, happy to know that the new owner is taking care of it and keeping in touch with you.
      1959 Thunderbird - Thunderbird Registry #46052

Comment

• Coral
        Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Thank you John

Comment

• tbird430
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 18 2007

Everything happens for a reason "Coral". Keep your head up high....

-Jon in N.TX.
          sigpic
          The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• jopizz
            Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Hopefully things turn out well enough that you may be able to buy it back someday.

John
            John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
            jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Coral
              Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Originally posted by tbird430
              Everything happens for a reason "Coral". Keep your head up high....

-Jon in N.TX.
              Thanks partner! I am here in central TX now because of this all!

Comment

• Coral
                Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Originally posted by jopizz
                Hopefully things turn out well enough that you may be able to buy it back someday.

John
                I thought of that very same thing

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My 1960 Squarebird

Hi Cathie! I am glad to hear from you again and also glad to hear that you are working again! Thanks for taking the time to let us know what has happened with Coral! I am thrilled to know that he is restoring her, though she won't be the same color. At least she will be like new again when he is finished.

I hope that you have told him about our Forum and that he will join us and bring us up to date on what he has done with her. Pictures of what she is looking like now would be great!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                  The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                  Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                  https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Coral
                    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Ray... thanks for your kind words all through out this stretch of time you truly are a gentleman among men...
                    I did mention to Roger about the forum when he was collecting Coral but he isn't much of an internet/forum guy but after I get a hold of his ear (without sobbing) he might come around, who knows!

I for sure will share any pictures and get the Tbird registry info updated as soon as possible.

Not sure what to do with myself now....look for another Bird?

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My 1960 Squarebird

Thank you for the kind comments, Cathie. I am certainly happy to know that you are back working again. Perhaps, down the road, another Tbird will be in your future! If you want that to be, then I hope it comes true for you. Yes, please share some pix of Coral if you get any from him. We would love to see what she looks like restored.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎