X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1960Bird
    Experienced
    • Dec 4 2002

Brake booster

When the weather gets nicer I am going to change my front brakes over to disc. I am thinking that perhaps I should replace the brake booster at the same time. Although, I do not want to change it if it is working OK. Is there a way to tell for sure if it is working the way it should?

Steve Ronk
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    1960 HT 390, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Shorty Headers, 2-1/2" Exhaust and 3.70 Rear Gears
    390, Mild Cam, Headers, 3.70 rear, 2-1/2" Exhaust, Edelbrok Performer RPM Intake, Holley Street Avenger 670 Carburetor, One Wire Alt, Petronix Ignition. She's All Go and No Show.
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Brake booster

You can disconnect and plug the vacuum hose going to your booster. If you need to press harder on the brake, the booster is working. No need to take it for a drive. You should notice the difference while the car is in park.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

STEVE
      just wondering, is your bird a stock manual shift trans given that you have the 3.70 gears?
      later
      mark

Comment

• 1960Bird
        Experienced
        • Dec 4 2002

It's a Cruise O Matic I had the 3.70's installed last year.

Steve Ronk
        Cedar Rapids, Iowa
        1960 HT 390, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Shorty Headers, 2-1/2" Exhaust and 3.70 Rear Gears
        390, Mild Cam, Headers, 3.70 rear, 2-1/2" Exhaust, Edelbrok Performer RPM Intake, Holley Street Avenger 670 Carburetor, One Wire Alt, Petronix Ignition. She's All Go and No Show.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎