X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

"Deluxe" Dealer Brochure

A big thanks to Marco (DutchBird) for locating an outstanding example of the 16 page 60 Thunderbird "deluxe" dealer brochure for me. I bounced around about the purchase long enough that the seller reduced the price by 10% and that's all it took. Got it in the mail today and have been looking it over for an hour now. Great pics and info.

Some things I notice in the brochure that tell us a little about the manufacture process and dealer installed options are:

- None of the cars shown in the brochure have A/C although it is listed on the options page. You would think that that would be shown to sell the option.
    - A convertible shown has a radio with the trunk mount antenna - no blank plate or antenna on the fender so it appears it could be ordered from the factory that way.
    -A close-up of a hard top shows no day/night mirror but is listed as standard equipment - you would think that by '60 they would have those day/night mirrors on the photo cars. Also listed as standard were the clock, dome or courtesy lights, cigarette lighter, coat hooks...etc.
    - The visored mirrors are listed as optional as well as Adjust-o-rings. The visored mirrors in the brochure are shown the the fender and an Adjust-o-ring is shown on the door.
    - Glove box and Luggage lights are listed as an option.
    - Did you know you could get a white Tbird with a blue roof? There are "Nineteen rich single colors for the exterior....15 harmononizing interior trims....3 distinctive convertible top colors.. and no less than 56 two tone hardtop combinations." I never knew there were so many color options.

Lots of fun looking at this brochure - if you ever get a chance to pick one up I would recommend it.

Thanks Marco!
    Eric
    registry 5347
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

Can you possible scan it and put the pics up here?
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Eric, I second Anders request for some scanned pics.

Comment

• DKheld
        Super-Experienced
        • Aug 27 2008

Some of the advertisements are spread across 2 pages and my scanner is only 11x17 so until I have time to scan and photoshop them together here are some pics. I think most of the ad's were/are available in individual ads or parts of the fold-out brochures. This "deluxe" brochure has it all in one booklet with color options on the back page and lots of fun info like "owner testimonials". I paid $45 for mine to give you an idea of what to expect to pay for one but I think I got a really good price. Probably the most expensive 16 page book I've ever bought but you know how us car guys are when it comes to our favorite model.

Eric
        registry 5347

Last edited by DKheld; December 9, 2009, 08:13 PM. Reason: missed a page

Comment

WOW! kewl, thanks for taking your time to scan all of those. I wonder if there is a similar brochure available for the '58 Bird?

Comment

• DKheld
            Super-Experienced
            • Aug 27 2008

They are available for the '58 - Dutchbird has one and has reported to have seen one for the '59 so I believe they are available for all 3 years. You have to shop carefully for the '60 because there is a fold out 4 page brochure with the same front picture - probably the same with the others.

Eric

Comment

• Anders
              Super-Experienced
              • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by DKheld
              I paid $45 for mine to give you an idea of what to expect to pay for one but I think I got a really good price. Probably the most expensive 16 page book I've ever bought but you know how us car guys are when it comes to our favorite model.
              Probably your best ever spended 45 bucks

THANKS for sharing. Love every part of it!
              sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Dutchbird
                Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Originally posted by Ca58tbird
                WOW! kewl, thanks for taking your time to scan all of those. I wonder if there is a similar brochure available for the '58 Bird?
                Hi Jed,

At your service:
                Attached Files

Comment

• Dutchbird
                  Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

And for part 2:
                  Attached Files

Comment

• DKheld
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Aug 27 2008

Even though I own a '60 that '58 brochure is on my Santa list for next year - it's just great.

Eric

Comment

• Dutchbird
                      Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Originally posted by Ca58tbird
                      Eric, I second Anders request for some scanned pics.
                      Sorry for doing it in two times/replies, had some troubles with resizing and posting them.
                      I hope you have an idea Jed, if you want a better scan please PM me.

Originally posted by DKheld
                      A big thanks to Marco (DutchBird) for locating an outstanding example of the 16 page 60 Thunderbird "deluxe" dealer brochure for me.
                      Lots of fun looking at this brochure - if you ever get a chance to pick one up I would recommend it.

Thanks Marco!
                      Eric
                      registry 5347
                      Hi Eric,

Thanks for your kind words, but that's what Squarebirds is all about in my opinion:
                      Help.......Advise.......Share.......Suggest.......Fill...... .Etc,etc,etc.......

(Your fun is my pleasure!)

Comment

Marco, thanks so much for showing us the 58 brochure. I'll copy and save those pics you had sent so I know what to look for and purchase. I did some internet searching last night and found several for sale for between $25-$35 USD. All of them were footnoted with *small version. Now that I have seen your pics, I know what the small version is. It isn't as large as the '60 brochure. Thanks again!

Comment

• Alan H. Tast, AIA
                          Experienced
                          • Jan 5 2008

Brochures for Export Cars

All right, here's my Xmas request: 22+ years ago when I was studying in Europe I was shown a '58 T-bird brochure in English which had info on the export version with the 332/Ford-O-Matic. I've been looking for one ever since. Anybody got one, or similar ones for '59 and '60? Or any auf Deutsch?
                          Alan H. Tast AIA, LEED AP BD+C
                          Technical Director/Past President, Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
                          Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"

Comment

• fomoco59
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Jun 10 2005

Am I wrong, or did Ford use the same characters from the '58 brochure for the '59 brochure !? Like they had Photoshop back then....
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic
                            Mike Lemmon
                            '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• Yellowbird
                              Experienced

• Jun 18 2009

Thanks

Marco,
                              Thanks so much for taking the time to scan this! On the engine page is a picture of a T-bird like my Yellowbird.

Leonard

Originally posted by fomoco59
                              Am I wrong, or did Ford use the same characters from the '58 brochure for the '59 brochure !? Like they had Photoshop back then....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎