• Sherman
    Experienced
    • Aug 22 2009

1959 Thunderbird Convertible

• YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

The location of this Tbird, according to the Craigslist ad, is in China..... I was wondering why China was at the top after the price. Then I read the very bottom as to its location.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

I like this part:
      I am asking $36500 or best offer.
      I also have over $10000 in rare hard to find spare parts (including an additional convertible frame and many convertible and A/C parts). These parts are included in the selling price.
      NO trades
      I have receipts and pictures of everything that was done to this car. I do not need to sell the car and I’m not in a hurry.
      All offers must be made in person after seeing the vehicle.
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Yes! Apparently, if he does sell it, he wants to sell it to someone in China! Or someone who can afford to travel there to check it out and pay for it there if he wants to buy it. I am beginning to wonder if there isn't something fishy about this ad....

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

The car will be worth more in transportation costs than initial value if it comes back to the States.

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Sherman
            Experienced
            • Aug 22 2009

Please gentleman, before you "throw me under the bus," I live in a city named China Township, 48054. The city is a small rural town located roughly 50-55 miles outside of Detroit Michigan.

At one time I was a more avid member of this forum and with the help of many Q&A, I assembled this car.

As a fellow Thunderbird enthusiast, I thought to advertise it on this page hoping someone would appreciate it as much as I and not simply park it in a garage.

Thank you for looking at my post.

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

ROFLMBO... Welll, that explains that! I thought it was a bit strange that there would be a Tbird like this for sale in China. But! These old Tbirds of ours seem to show up all over the world in unexpected places. Thanks for the explanation, but I was going by what was said in the ad! I thought that you were just reporting on a ad that you saw on Craigslist. I didn't realize that you were the owner! Hey Dave, here is your chance to own a Tbird and add that to your stable of classics! He is not to far from you!

Comment

• redstangbob
                Experienced
                • Feb 18 2011

Yup, Dave needs a tbird

Comment

• simplyconnected
                  Administrator
                  • May 26 2009

Hey, y'know I can be pretty dense at times, too. My first dog (named China) came from Marsh Rd and Meisner Rd's in East China Twp. It's a little more than 45-miles from Royal Oak, and VERY CLOSE to Port Huron (Hometown of Thomas Edison).

My sons played football in the East China stadium when they played Marine City, MI. The stadium is gorgeous, and shared by three high schools. As you may guess, the whole area is rural and perfect for raising kids. Sarnia, Ontario, Canada is just across the Blue Wate Bridge (only 20 miles from East China Township).

We normally don't refer to the area as "China." That's what threw me. East China Township is 6,637 miles (10,681 km) from Beijing (in the REAL China). HA!.. I don't think I have ever seen an Asian in East China Twp.

After looking closely at the map, I notice there is a China Twp and an EAST China Twp., but they both share the same zip code. Now I'm really confused.

Guys, I would bop over there and buy the Thunderbird but I need that money to restore my current projects. If I got another car, Robin would string me up. I do appreciate your concern and advice. Actually, I'd love to have a Squarebird, someday. - Dave

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Sherman
                    Experienced
                    • Aug 22 2009

Thanks for the responses! I thought you guys were going to ask me for my birth certificate next. HA

Comment

• DKheld
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Aug 27 2008

No problem if they had asked for your birth certificate - I've got a friend in Hawaii that can get you one if you need.....great references

Good luck on the sale.

Eric
                      registry 5347

Comment

• 60 T-Bird
                        Experienced
                        • Jun 2 2010

Originally posted by DKheld
                        No problem if they had asked for your birth certificate - I've got a friend in Hawaii that can get you one if you need.....great references

Good luck on the sale.

Eric
                        registry 5347
                        I have a friend in California that can give you a finger...guess which one?
                        "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

Comment

• tbird430
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Jun 18 2007

Originally posted by 60 T-Bird
                          I have a friend in California that can give you a finger...guess which one?

And I bet it isn't the one like the monkey in your avatar pic, either....
                          sigpic
                          The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎