X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gold Bird
    Experienced
    • Nov 9 2007

New picture of Gold Bird

Here is my Gold Bird from two weeks ago after our all Ford show. Took a best in class, very proud of our Bird! I will start posting pictures of the interior project once I get the time, keep you all posted!
    Attached Files
    sigpic1960 Gold Bird, original owner since new. tbirdregistry #3158
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

New picture of Gold Bird

Hi Tom!

That is a nice picture of your convertible and the trophy! Congratulations on the award! You have a very nice looking Tbird there. I like that color. It is one that you do not see a lot of. You should take some good pictures of it and enter it in the 2011 Squarebirds Calendar competition for next year. I do not get a lot of convertibles to choose from. Mostly white or black Squarebird HT's! lol.. Any of you that have something other than white or black Tbirds should join in the competition for space in the calendar! Good luck with your interior work! Thanks for the Paid Membership donation also!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Gold Bird
      Experienced
      • Nov 9 2007

Hi Ray, Glad to be a part of Squarebirds! I love our bird, pretty cool that my Dad bought it new too. Back then it was just a cool car to drive, unfortunately it went through five Michigan winters but its had a good life for the past 45 years! Can't wait to start on the interior, I am sure once I get into it I will find more things to do. You should be very proud of you car as well, the interior looks awesome!

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

New picture of Gold Bird

Hi Tom!

That is great that it has been in the family from the beginning. You should post that picture of your Dad sitting in her that you tried to post before. Do you have the ROT or Build Sheet? If not, tell the interior guy to look for it and if he finds it not to throw it away and be very careful with it. That is a great record of the car history to have. They have not found mine. We know that this car has had the seat covers and probably the carpet replaced. So, somewhere along the way, the ROT sheet was probably found and thrown away. You probably know all the places to look for it at, if you dont have it. Under the seats, front or back, in the springs, under the carpeting. Those were the usual places. Sometimes up under the dash.

Thanks for the nice comment on Rose's interior. In about a week, I will be able to show ya'll the final work on the interior. It should be something to see! After watching Danny work his magic with nearly 30 years of experience in classic car interior restoration, there is no way I would have wanted to do this job by myself! There is just so much you really have to know to do it right.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Gold Bird
          Experienced
          • Nov 9 2007

Hi Ray, I pulled the back seat out this past weekend and did not see the build sheet. Years ago Dad had new carpet put in and I think it was tossed. I will carefully look for it. The picture attached is my Father behind the wheel at our local car show this past summer. The other two cars next to our bird is my other bird, 70 Firebird Trans Am and my other car is the tan 36 Ford 5 window coupe. Plenty to keep me busy!
          Attached Files

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

New picture of Gold Bird

Thanks for posting the picture! Your Dad looks great behind the wheel of the convertible! You have three great cars there! Yup, I would imagine they have kept you busy.

Comment

• Gold Bird
              Experienced
              • Nov 9 2007

Thanks! Dad is 85 going on 18, still loves his cars. They live full time in Florida, he actually had the gold bird down there for three years but was too worried about it getting damaged or stolen so he sent it back to me here in Michigan. He still has a bird down there though, a 2004 black T-bird with red/black interior and red stripe, turns heads wherever he goes with it. Boys and their toys!

Comment

• tbird430
                Super-Experienced
                • Jun 18 2007

Congrat's Tom, and thanks for posting up those extra pics of you & your father's fine Squarebird.

-Jon
                sigpic
                The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

That is one of the best lookin t-birds I ever saw. That is one sharp car! I remember a bunch of pictures being posted of it somewhere but don't know where. Was it here?

Comment

• Gold Bird
                    Experienced
                    • Nov 9 2007

Yes, I have had many pictures on the squarebird site, been away for a few months working on my 36 ford with a flathead motor. Now its time to get to work with the Gold Bird! Its a great car, I have many memories with it over the past 50 years!

Comment

• Anders
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Jan 19 2008

G R E A T looking car.
                      Now I have to concider Gold as well....

And that 36 Ford 5 window was NOT bad either....
                      sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Hey Tom,
                        Congratulation! What a beautiful car!!! Keep the pic coming.
                        Richard D. Hord

Comment

Bird

That car is real nice congrat's

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍