X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JBird
    Experienced
    • May 22 2005

Bumper Jack needed.

I have a hook but need a jack, wrench and base. I'd like to buy one from you or trade some parts? Original jack only. I have a 59 but I think the 58 to 60's were all the same. I'll take the the jack in parts, a complete one if that's what you have and as long as it can be restored to look nice the condition isn't too critical. Thanks,
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Bumper Jack needed.

I do not have a spare one. They are the same from 1958 to 1960. They are not the most common part because for some reason before many people junk a car they remove the jack as a souvenir. Once they keep it, they cannot remember what car it came from, so at that point it gets put in the garbage.

The lug wrench is the same on most Fords form the fifties to the seventies, so that should be easy to find even in NOS.

Contact the T-bird suppliers on our links page. Some of them will have a used jack.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• JBird
      Experienced
      • May 22 2005

>I do not have a spare one. They are the same from 1958 to
      >1960. They are not the most common part because for some
      >reason before many people junk a car they remove the jack as
      >a souvenir. Once they keep it, they cannot remember what car
      >it came from, so at that point it gets put in the garbage.
      >
      >The lug wrench is the same on most Fords form the fifties to
      >the seventies, so that should be easy to find even in NOS.
      >
      >Contact the T-bird suppliers on our links page. Some of them
      >will have a used jack.
      >
      >Alexander
      >1959 Hardtop
      >1960 Golde Top

I've called them all and then some without success. I'm Ebay'd and Google'd out from looking. I have just aquired a second 2853 Carter AFB carb for a 430. It's been rebuilt. I'd trade even up for a jack or even a reground 430 camshaft. That's how badly I want a good jack for my 59.

I hope you got my membership renewal. Thanks, Dave

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

I got your dues renewal. Thanks for supporting this site.

Both my Squarebirds came without jacks. When I did get a jack for my 1959 in the early eighties, my father decided to jack up both ends of his 1973 Ford LTD using the LTD's and my T-Bird jack. To the credit to the sturdiness of the jacks, they did lift the car in the air as a sort of low cost lift. Unfortunately the car was on soft ground, so this configuration was unstable, causing the car to fall and mangle my T-Bird jack. Luckily no one was hurt.

I got another T-Bird jack, but that one did not work. I traveled around with bottle jack in my car. A few years later I found a good jack from a guy who horded a bunch of Squarebird parts.

I got my jack for my Golde Top from Bob's Bird House a few years ago. Did you try him?

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

• JBird
          Experienced
          • May 22 2005

>I got your dues renewal. Thanks for supporting this site.
          >
          >Both my Squarebirds came without jacks. When I did get a
          >jack for my 1959 in the early eighties, my father decided to
          >jack up both ends of his 1973 Ford LTD using the LTD's and
          >my T-Bird jack. To the credit to the sturdiness of the
          >jacks, they did lift the car in the air as a sort of low
          >cost lift. Unfortunately the car was on soft ground, so this
          >configuration was unstable, causing the car to fall and
          >mangle my T-Bird jack. Luckily no one was hurt.
          >
          >I got another T-Bird jack, but that one did not work. I
          >traveled around with bottle jack in my car. A few years
          >later I found a good jack from a guy who horded a bunch of
          >Squarebird parts.
          >
          >I got my jack for my Golde Top from Bob's Bird House a few
          >years ago. Did you try him?
          >
          >Alexander
          >1959 Hardtop
          >1960 Golde Top

Here is one that got away! I fell asleep and was outbid. It went for 195.00 on an auction website.

Comment

• Alexander
            Webmaster
            • Oct 30 2002

Wow, almost $200 for a jack! Too bad there are so many lying around in garages, but no one know for what car they are used.
            Alexander
            1959 Hardtop
            1960 Golde Top
            Alexander
            1959 Hard Top
            1960 Golde Top
            sigpic

Comment

• JBird
              Experienced
              • May 22 2005

>Wow, almost $200 for a jack! Too bad there are so many lying
              >around in garages, but no one know for what car they are
              >used.
              >Alexander
              >1959 Hardtop
              >1960 Golde Top

I have begun to aquire a load of hard to find parts for squarebirds. For example, A/C temp switches, fiberglass A/C housings, evaporators, A/C hoses, R12 expansion valves, A/C sight glass etc. I'm in the trading mood for a jack. I have a like new 430 reground cam for a 59. I have a couple 58 compressors. Bartering material that might loosen someones jack from their trunk.

Comment

• JBird
                Experienced
                • May 22 2005

ps: I have a spare Carter AFB rebuilt for a 59 430 motor too. 2853

Comment

Check with Nick's Thunderbird. I bought one from him a few years ago for around $100. When I called him he said it would take some time to put one together. A year later I got a call. The jack he sent me looked like it just came off the assembly line. It was well worth the money I paid for it.

Comment

• JBird
                    Experienced
                    • May 22 2005

>Check with Nick's Thunderbird. I bought one from him a few
                    >years ago for around $100. When I called him he said it
                    >would take some time to put one together. A year later I
                    >got a call. The jack he sent me looked like it just came off
                    >the assembly line. It was well worth the money I paid for
                    >it.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try them. I have 2 extra hooks if anyone needs one. I just got a base and all the mounting hardware but still need a jack post with the jack.

Comment

JBIRD, look on ebay under 1959 thunderbird and you will see a complete jack assembly. Hope this helps in your quest for a bumper jack. Dave

Comment

• JBird
                        Experienced
                        • May 22 2005

I contacted the party that listed the jack few days ago and she sent me the two pictures she used in the ad before she listed it on eBay. The photos are not clear enough to tell for sure if the jack is from a 58-60. She said it was in the trunk of a 59. I emailed her and asked for a couple photos of just the jack without the hook and she said it was too big a hastle so I didn't buy it. For sure the hook is NOT from a 58-60. Neither is rectangular base with the post setting toward the rear of the base. It should be square. Even though I don't need those parts it made me suspect the jack might not be what I need or want. Again I'll go up to 250 for a nice jack and 200 for one in need of restoration. If you know of anyone with a spare jack PLEASE let me know.

Comment

Hi I have a couple of jacks in the trunk of my 1959 the base is a true square with AJ-C stamped on it. The hook is long with the bottom of the hook that goes onto the bumper has a spotwelded subhook two spotwelds per side. the jack itself works great has a small retangle lever to change it up & down. It has teeth like groves almost gear like that fit into the base with almost a perfect "T" shape where they mate, they both work & are complete I do not have a clue if its the origial style but one of them has been in the car since it was new. So? You guys are the experts so you tell me. Alexander has my E-Mail or leave me a note. :-)

Comment

Hi again JBird I checked several Ford experts & the 2 jacks I have are both 100% correct for all 1958 Thru 1960 Thunderbirds even for some other Ford models. They are both complete but I need one so if you are still looking for a jack I want to put A\C in my car I know a jack is not worth an entire A\C system but a guy can wish. :-) I am going to try and get the parts I need & as of this moment I have NONE so if this jack is what you want then you can of course just buy it, or trade what A\C part or parts it is worth to you. You can E-Mail me here if you are interested. Stock60Tbird@wmconnect.com Take Care Signed Tony. :-)

Comment

• JBird
                              Experienced
                              • May 22 2005

You got an original. I have the same base with AJC on it and a perfect square base with a T right in the middle. The hook has spot welds on the sides at the bottom of the hook. I need the lug wrench and jack with the post.

Want to sell it? My email is david@rhyner.comXXXXX remove the X's I added to prevent website spiders from "harvesting" my email address from a public forum.

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎