X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rick
    • Mar 28 2017

1960 Convertible Limit Switch information

Greetings,
    After many years of running our 60 convertible without a power top I'm looking at finally getting the system working. I am aware of wiring and relay issues I need to address, but I'm having trouble finding specific information about the limit switches.

I am currently on a scavenger hunt to gather the limit switches, my Bird is without any of the 6.

Information that I have looked for, but I have not been able to find is:

- Specific part numbers for each switch needed and quantities.

- Pics of the specific switches so that I can confirm the parts that I am finding are the correct switches for the year.

- Alternate switches that can be used. Maybe different years or more modern offer-the-shelf.

- Pics or diagrams that show where each specific switch would go to by part number. Even pictures with the switches mounted would help.

When I search on the forum and google, the best I have been able to come up with are the wiring diagrams or pictures from different years.

Please help me fill in the blanks or point me to resources where I can find this information.

Thanks in advance!!!

Rick
    Last edited by Rick; April 5, 2017, 04:46 PM.
  • byersmtrco
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 28 2004

I think someone makes an up dated cir/board
    w/newer tech than these orig ones.
    I'm 1/2 tempted to remove all the 60 parts and adapt
    the 58-59 syst. Manual deck lift. Just power to raise & lwr
    the top.

I do have a new pump mtr I need to install . As mine is, the elec part is good.
    The latches unscrew, the tray flips, but no hyd.

Good luck is all I can say.
    Guys that work on the space shuttle would look at this
    and walk away.

Comment

• partsetal
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 4 2005

Rick,
      There are 7 limit switches, there is a diagram showing their location in the 1960 Shop manual. The part numbers are in the 60-64 Master Parts Catalog. The quantities listed there are 'as required' but if you match up the names with the numbers it is apparent how many you need. Someone on here should have a digital copy of that page in the MPC. The part numbers are stamped on the back side of the limit switches and remain visible unless the switches have been painted or cleaned abrasively. You mention that your switches are missing, but do you have the brackets? Some switches have separate brackets to mount them to the body or top frame. The limit switches in working order are hard to find and expensive when they are.
      Carl

Comment

• partsetal
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 4 2005

Rick,
        I just discovered the MPC pages are at: http://squarebirds.org/Manuals/1960/...Text-Lamps.pdf
        Carl

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

1960 Convertible Limit Switch information

Thanks very much, Carl! Rick, go to pages 782-785 in this MPC .pdf file. There you will find information on the 1960-1964 convertible top system in the trunk. From what Carl said those limit switches are hard to find and expensive if you can. The bad part about that is, according to what jopizz told me, you MUST have those 7 limit switches to make either the OEM system work properly or the aftermarket solid state system...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎