Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chandler63
    • Nov 8 2014

63 TB No Power on 4&7 Update

Power has been restored! The suggestion pointing me toward the carb, specifically the idle mixture screws was the ticket. It turns out that I had the wrong mixture screws installed. The new ones I purchased from Quadrajet Parts were about a 1/4 inch longer and made a huge difference. I am now running on all eight cylinders. Thanks again for all your help. Cheers!

Comment

• jopizz
      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Congrats. The simplest solutions are always the best.

John
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• fcar
        Apprentice
        • Nov 13 2010

Ditto on your success!

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Here's the REAL winner; John you nailed it. (I knew you would.) Good show, ol' boy.
          Originally posted by jopizz
          ...The right side of the carburetor feeds cylinders 1,4,6,7. If the idle passage on the right side is partially blocked you will notice it more at low speed. One thing you can try is to remove the idle mixture screw on the right side and spray Gumout or any carburetor cleaner into the hole using the long plastic tip. I had constant problems with the idle passages on my Autolite 4100 carburetor getting clogged. After I changed to an Edelbrock carburetor the problem went away. I assume you adjusted the idle mixture screws on your rebuilt carb after you got it back.

John
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎