No announcement yet.

Rear Seat Removal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Seat Removal

Is there any trick to removing the bottom part of the rear seat or can I just lift it out. This is a new car for me and I'm trying to get a heads up on the simplest things. Thanks Jon

PS. Just to let you guys that I'm not a beginner at car stuff this is a picture of my 42 Dodge and I completely restored it myself. It is a very rare car as it is know as a blackout model (no bright trim). I bought the bird to enjoy and play around with and I will have some specific question on items that I will be working on. Thanks Jon

RE: Rear Seat Removal

Hey Jon, To remove that seat all you have to do is push the lower cushion toward the back of the car or take your fist and hit the bottom of seat bottom, if that doesn't work take a large screw driver and put it in between the bottom and floor and pry back or lift up on the screw driver and it will pop out. I see your working on it good for you and the 42 looks good as always did you register on the other side of p15d24? I am birdbrain over here.

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

Welcome to the site Jon. I like your blackout '42. Who would have thought then that every car sold in America sixty years later would be a blackout model with black tires and no real spare tire. Maybe it is because we are at war again.

The rear seat is held in by two clips approximately in the center of each rear passenger. Just a push in that location towards the rear and then up should get the metal loop of the seat out of that clip. No tools necessary. The upright portion of the seats is held down by two bolts or screws on the floor that will be visible once the bottom cushion is removed. Simply then slide the upright portion of the seat down to unlock it from the uppermost clips.

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help with this seat removal, my T Bird is in such nice shape that the insides look like there its only few year old. So I'm a little concerned about jumping into certain problems as small as taking the seats out. Thanks again and I know I will have allot of other question to ask here in the future. I hope my power electrical switches that operate the windows only need to be cleaned up to remove corrosion and then opperate correctly. Right now they are kind of erratic and go up when they want to go up or down. Jon

Comment

Just went outside and took this picture of the rear seats. Noticed that the dome light doesn't work and when I first got car the signals are not working either. Oh well no big deal with those problems as that is just a matter to see where the juice is not a flowing!

Comment

And here are the frount seats:

Comment

welcome to the site your 42 is increddible and a real tresure, i suggest the first thing you do is get a manual on your bird, they are invaluable and very easy to find on ebay, next i might suggest the standards restoration manual. A great book also
              Good luck
              mark

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎