This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Super-Experienced

Dakota Boy is on a distinguished road

as it stands right now, you'll beat me if that valve on your blue bottle is cranked open
Old 05-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Super-Experienced

A bit of fun at a "car" party last Sunday. There was a concrete pad, some guys with a water hose, and my car has a line-lock. You can guess what happens next. Everyone was taking a turn at wrecking thier tires, so why not join the fun?

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...nt=burnout.mp4

Last edited by Dakota Boy : 05-30-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Experienced

Jimz Bird is on a distinguished road

Now that really gave me a "Grin from Ear to Ear"

KEWL!

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site
Old 05-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Super-Experienced

My two kids were in the back seat. Ages 7 and 11.

I'm pretty sure it will be a memory that they will remember forever....And that is precisely the reason that they were included in the adventure!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Super-Experienced

Default Meltdown Drags in Byron, IL July 21 2012

Old 08-31-2012, 11:23 AM
Super-Experienced

tbird430 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Very cool pic!!!

I like how the Impala guy removed his hubcaps- Don't you know someone could be decapitated with a hubcap flying off at the race track!!! LOL!!!

-Jon in TX.

The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:39 PM
Apprentice

mattyel is on a distinguished road

What was your time?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Super-Experienced

Time?

Not fast enough....due to a stupid vacuum modulator that had the car shifting whenever the hell it wanted to....or maybe it wouldnt shift at all. Nothing like being stuck in first gear to kill your times.

Replaced the 15-dollar part the following Sunday, and all was well. "A day late and a dollar short" is how my luck usually runs.

Even with the functioning modulator, it's still not fast enough. But the money tree has already been picked clean for this season. We'll have to see what we can do about that NEXT year....

The 1960 Impala is my friend's car. He's never had hubcaps on it. It has a fairly stout 454 under the hood.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:53 PM

tbirdkid is on a distinguished road

I LIKE WHAT YOUR DOING HERE, thats one cool bird, what is your best time to date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Boy View Post
Old 12-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Super-Experienced

Thanks for the words of encouragement

My times are low 15s right now.

More-or-less stock '73 460, C6 trans., and 3.50 gears.

I was going to yank the engine in the Spring and have a local 429/460 guru add some snort, but a couple weeks ago I ended up having to buy a new daily driver instead.

All the car got this winter was an electric fan. Gonna just drive it next year while I pay off the new truck as quickly as possible.