X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Keith's '59 Bluebird Pix!

I have helped Keith get his pictures of his '59 Bluebird on Photo Bucket. Keith's Bird has a 352 engine and the original carb and tranny. It has no AC or Power Seats. It has Power Windows I believe, because I saw the switches for it. I do not know if it has Power Brakes, but probably does. It is almost an original Bird. Or it is an original Bird if someone tells us the vinyl seats were also originally made like his are. It looks like they have been replaced in the past. I have not seen original seat covers like that before, but then I dont know what you guys do.

His car is in beautiful condition. Except for the rust he is very concerned about. We have received some advice from John Draxler of Thunderbird Ranch on how to get rid of that rust problem. Keith has a very good friend who is an excellent welder who can help and has the same idea that John gave us.

Other than that, he has a car that will look great at car shows. He plans to keep it original. He has driven it and says the motor sounds great and it the car runs great. He is a very good motor man, so he knows a good engine when he sees and hears one. The only thing inside that does not work is the clock and I suggested he have it quartzed. He knows his windshield wipers need fixed, and knows how to handle that. Keith is a very good mechanic, with the tools and ability to pull engines and trannys, etc. You should see his fire engine red Fords engine and the job he did on that! The next time I am over there, I will ask him to pop the hood again so I can get a picture of it. I should have taken one today.

There is probably a lot more I could say. Keith is really great peoples and has a great car to work with, especially after he gets that rust out of there. You will see pictures of it, where some previous owner sprayed foam into the rusted out areas and then undercoated it to hide it. As usual, when on Photo Bucket, just click on the pictures to get bigger ones, and to read the comments underneath. Or run it as a slide show. He certainly is open to suggestions on how you might think it best to get rid of those rusted areas. The pictures were shot from the floor up. Those areas are the underside of that section where the A-Frame comes up and you see the long bolt and nuts that holds it together on each side of the car. If that does not help, ask Keith for a better explanation! I am just a puter guy, not a Wrench Twister like Keith is!

Here is the link to his pix.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

If I got anything wrong here, Keith will slap me around fer ya!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • frank58
    Super-Experienced
    • May 28 2006

What a beauty...... a good welder will solve the rust problem, money well spent. That interior is original also..... I'm so glad to hear Keith is planning on keeping it all original. good luck Keith

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Keith very nice 59 and the two (2) tone colour is great. Our 58 has the same interior colour code with Winterset White.As frank58 mentioned a good welder will solve the rust problem. This is an area, that you want to do right, spend the money, as being the foundation once repaired will prevent any future rust areas popping up.As you can tell by now, this is a major collection area for water and residue. Keep us posted and Ray thanks for setting up the pixs.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Thank you Ray!

Thank you Ray for all you have done for me on this web site. You are good people. I am glad to be in the T-Bird community and am looking forward to being involve with many activities. As Ray said I am a mechanic and I am willing to help people out with their cars if needed and/or give advice if needed. I do not do body work and welding but do just about everything else. I plan on restoring my 59 T-Bird and plan on having it done in the next two years. Once I get the rust issue solved it's off to the races with the restoration. Again thanks to Ray aka (Yellowrose) for everything......Det45

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

I see that Keith is over here! I just came off Photobucket, adding the additional pictures that Keith sent me of his beautiful Bluebird! Thanks, Keith. You are very welcome. There are more pictures to look at, and finally, you will be able to see that the rear end looks just as nice as the front end!

As usual, click on each picture for a bigger view, or run the slide show. Here is the link.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

When Keith gets finished, he is going to have one beautiful show car I am sure!

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Anders
            Super-Experienced
            • Jan 19 2008

Is that colour the same as the "La Bamba"? Beautiful!
            sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

H Anders,

The color of Keith's car is Baltic Blue and Colonial White top. I am not sure if that is the color of the "La Bamba" or not.

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

You have seen Keith's '59 Bluebird pix I hope. If not, go to his photobucket link below. Look below in Anything Goes, and you will see the link to his 1990 Mustang and engine. Keith is a master at detailing engines! Ya gotta see this, so go check it out!

Comment

• tbird430
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jun 18 2007

That T-Bird reminds me alot of my parents '58. It is Regatta Blue (slightly darker) with a Winterset White top. Their '58 had the blue vinyl with blue cloth inlay, but the blue cloth is so hard to find, they had to order the plain white & blue repro set covers...
                  Last edited by tbird430; April 15, 2008, 11:35 AM.
                  sigpic
                  The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• GTE427
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Oct 9 2007

Keith, what's the date code and sequential number of your TBird? Noticed your underhood wiring is the same as the 58's. The wiring must have been a running change early in the 59 production. My 59 --Nov 4, 58-- has the 58 wiring.

Just curious.
                    Ken
                    1959 J Convertible
                    1960 J Hardtop

Comment

GTE427 Keith is busy at the moment but I know his build date for his was Nov of 58. This would make his an early production like yours.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎