This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:47 AM
Super-Experienced and a really nice guy!

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default 1960 Squarebird Daily/Monthly Production Info

For those who may not know it, I happen to possess a complete copy of the daily/monthly/total production figures for the 1960 Squarebird ONLY.. Unfortunately, my source was not able to obtain that information for the previous years, or the years after 1960. I can pinpoint to the day when your 1960 Tbird went down the production line. If you are interested, let me know by email or PM...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 12-21-2017, 11:32 PM

Bentmore60 is on a distinguished road

Hello YellowRose; I would like to know ? YIN# 0Y71Y191678 63AN5209W43 1960 TBird

Thanks
Garth
Old 12-22-2017, 05:12 AM

Hi Garth, I will need your Data Information underneath the VIN # on your data plate. I will get back with you after Christmas, but send that information to me, please.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
Old 12-22-2017, 09:18 AM
Experienced

OUR5T8BIRD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Hi Garth, I will need your Data Information underneath the VIN # on your data plate. I will get back with you after Christmas, but send that information to me, please.

Ray: My guess would be that he already gave it but not separated . ( 63A - N - 52 - 09W - 4 - 3 )
Old 12-22-2017, 11:46 AM

Martin, LMBO... Yesss! I was asleep at the switch on that one! I have it. Thanks for waking me up!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 12-22-2017, 01:02 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Martin, LMBO... Yesss! I was asleep at the switch on that one! I have it. Thanks for waking me up!
No problem Ray , I know you have a lot on your plate.

A Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you and Yours !
Old 12-26-2017, 09:50 PM

According to the Production Numbers, Garth's 1960 Tbird was made on the 6th of September, 3 days away from the shutdown date of the 9th. Garth, I sent you an email, so please let me know if you received it. I sent it through the system to the email you registered with. I will save that info until I hear back from you.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 12-28-2017, 03:26 AM

Over the last several weeks, I have run the 1960 Squarebird Daily/Monthly Production Data against a number of our members 1960 VIN #. Several of those are also in possession of their ROT/Build Sheets! (actually titled the Production Broadcast Ticket, but many of us have called it the ROT (Rotation) or Build Sheet for decades). They were able to tell me the Date on that form so I could compare it against the production totals. Out of the 3-4 owners with the ROT/Build Sheet, ALL but ONE turned out to be built on the exact date printed on that sheet! Although their Data Plate Date was off by several days after that date... The ONLY ROT/Build Sheet that was off by 1 day belongs to Eric ~ DKheld. His ROT/Build Sheet has 08 18 on it. His Data Plate is stamped as 25H (25 August). However, according to the production data, by the end of the 18th they had not made his Tbird yet. His VIN # is 86,576, and at the end of the 18th of August, they had produced 86,232 Tbirds, 344 short of his 86,576 number. But on the 19th, they ended that day with 86,729, 153 Tbirds beyond his 86,576 VIN #. I do not know the reason for this 1 day delay, unless there was a production line problem, or they had to re-stock parts. So far, as I have said, of the number that I have checked who have their ROT or Build Sheet, the date on that sheet matches the totals for that Date in the Daily Production Data... Except for Eric's... Unfortunately, the very few contacts I had with FORD Wixom Plant Production Line workers have all passed away now.

I assume that management had full knowledge of the day-to-day productions numbers, the number of Tbirds they were going to build each day and the number they were short in producing or over producing. The daily production numbers listing I have show the number Scheduled for each day, and the number Produced. Usually, they were ahead of schedule by 1 or 2 to perhaps 10-20 or so cars. Occasionally, they were behind by a few cars. So they printed out the right number of ROT/Build Sheets to provide the line manager with so he would know how many to make each shift. I also assume that if they needed a few more sheets, they could print them out and get them to the line.

However, the Data Plate was a different situation. At some point along the way, they made a certain amount of them with the "estimated" date they would go down the production line on them.. Probably more than they needed for each shift. What they did not use on one shift, they would use on the next. It was probably more costly to stamp out a bunch more plates than it was to print out that flimsy ROT/Build Sheet. It seems to be the ROT/Build Sheet that indicates exactly which date the car was actually made on. I will post a copy of Eric's Rot/Build Sheet so you can see the 08 18 date and the Sched. Date of 25H (August).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eric-DKheld1960RotSheet.jpg (86.6 KB, 44 views)

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 12-28-2017, 09:35 AM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Ray,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !!!!!!

Very interesting - should have known if there was a glitch it would be with my car - it seems to be a "malfunction magnet".

Hummm - wonder if that explains the '61 intake manifold (C1AE....) on my engine - maybe that's the glitch - ran out of intakes and had to use the manifold for the next year model. Car was bought new by my Dad so as far as I know all the major parts are original and I've seen a few more '60's with a '61 intake manifold.

I must have been on the bad list this year because I didn't get the time machine from Santa - was going to go back and investigate.
Oh well - maybe next year - HA!

Thanks again Ray !!!

Eric
Old 12-28-2017, 10:19 AM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR5T8BIRD View Post
Ray: My guess would be that he already gave it but not separated . ( 63A - N - 52 - 09W - 4 - 3 )
Ray: Looking at this data info again, there must be a mistake on Garth's production date , post # 2 . Probably should be " 09H " ( August ) not W .