X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GTE427
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 9 2007

Rear license plate holder

Has anyone mastered the trick for installation of the spring-loaded rear plate holder while the bumper is on the car. Tried to give it a go alone but thought better as it seemed I would scratch the bumper before I was finished. Maybe it's a two person job. Any suggestions?
    Ken
    1959 J Convertible
    1960 J Hardtop

Ken it is a two person job,I had my wife stand behind the car and move the plate holder around .I actually fabricated a spring from an old brake spring,and just layed on my back and played with it until I was able to get the ends into the proper holes.You will need some good light to see the holes.

Comment

• GTE427
      Super-Experienced
      • Oct 9 2007

Thanks, I'll get an extra hand and figure out something similar to the brake return spring. Recently cleaned out the garage and tossed some old brake springs as they'd been sitting in a bucket for years with no future use to think of. Oh well, some more cleaning should produce more hardware for the task at hand.
      Ken
      1959 J Convertible
      1960 J Hardtop

Comment

I know what you mean,it drives my wife crazy.I keep every nut a bolt and anything I think might some day come in handy.And you know what a lot of time it does.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎