Factory a/c effectiveness?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thirdman
    • Sep 29 2009

John, Thanks for your experience....very helpful. The more personal antedotes and detail the better. Anyone know what temps a good r12 system should produce at/in the vent?

Comment

My 90 Supercoupe runs around 38 deg and I fired up my 66 Tbird and it was around 42 deg. Outside air was 76 deg. Both cars are R12 systems. My 66 has some bubbles in the sight glass so I know its a little low. I know outside air temp/humidity will affect the vent temp but not sure how much.

Comment

• Thirdman
        • Sep 29 2009

Thanks for the info. Those are good readings...I think modern systems run about 40-45degrees F.

Thanks

Comment

• Thirdman
          • Sep 29 2009

should any desire here are a couple links with some info that i found interesting.

I have a question about the normal air vent temperature ranges that can be expected from the 3 different automotive A/C systems I have read about. 1.Receiver Drier (Filter Drier) - Expansion Valve System 2.Accumulator - Orifice Tube System 3.Suction Throttling Valve System I ask this because I recently purchased a foreign vehicle that uses the Exp valve type system and the vent temperature varies 12degF(34F-46F) within 15 seconds at 2k rpm(all windows and doors open,A/C set to max).

this site may be a bit off topic....i found it interesting as it has a graph shoeing the relationship between outside(ambient)temps and vent temps.

this one is a farenheit/celsius converter for the above link if you need it.

Comment

• Coral
            Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Shane, make the call directly...Raven is an R12 - blows cold, COLD air... go see the car

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎