X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lawyercalif
    Experienced
    • May 12 2011

Fathers Day Car Show

I took "Betty Mae" to the Fathers Day Car Show in Murrieta, California. I did not win any trophies, but I was asked to sell it three times, beginning with the guy who let me in the gate. First words out of his mouth were "How much to buy it right now?" I respectfully told him and the rest that it was not for sale.

All in all it was a great day with my kids and grandkids, and people loved my car. Makes all the hard work worth it.
    Attached Files
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

One word: Gorgeous !!!
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• tbird430
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 18 2007

I agree. Love the colors, white walls, ......and most of all the FAMILY FUN!!! That's what it's all about.

You should feel good too. All those "offers" just make your hard work (bumps, cuts, bruises) pay off in the end.

-Jon in TX.
      sigpic
      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Astrowing
        Experienced
        • Jul 22 2009

You're a winner! Awesome car and awesome grandkids!
        sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jim's web site

Comment

Very nice car ...

Looks like a great time. Getting ready to fly out to NJ to help my son and his fiancee move their vehicles and belongings back here to CO. They both got teaching jobs 25 miles from us. He's been gone for 7 years so we are really excited to have them back home. Probably won't be too long before I have some grand kids of my own. I get to drive the Galaxie and I could use a little time out of shop. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Mike

Comment

• lawyercalif
            Experienced
            • May 12 2011

Originally posted by gaffney1951
            Looks like a great time. Getting ready to fly out to NJ to help my son and his fiancee move their vehicles and belongings back here to CO. They both got teaching jobs 25 miles from us. He's been gone for 7 years so we are really excited to have them back home. Probably won't be too long before I have some grand kids of my own. I get to drive the Galaxie and I could use a little time out of shop. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Mike
            When it's about our kids, wives or grandkids they are first in our hearts. You are welcome to hijack my thread anytime to talk about them. Congratulations on your upcoming reunion with your son.

Comment

• JohnG
              John
              • Jul 28 2003

Thanks so much for posting all this! The car is awesome and easy to see why you got offers. The story is great and shows why the classic car hobby is what it is.

John
              1958 Hardtop
              #8452 TBird Registry
              http://tbird.info/registry/DataSheet...r~equals~8452)

photo: http://www.squarebirds.org/users/joh...d_June2009.jpg
              history:
              http://www.squarebirds.org/users/johng/OCC.htm

Comment

• stu454bb
                Apprentice
                • Jan 27 2011

What a beautiful car you have there. You should be very proud to show her off. Congrats. Stu

Comment

• Mickfly70
                  Apprentice
                  • Oct 20 2010

Fathers Day Photo

My '60 is nowhere near as good as Dans but I thought I'd share my Fathers Day Photo of the Day.

This is my 2 1/2 yr old Leah who always wants to go in the "Funderbird" whenever we go anywhere. We went to a Fathers day car show but it was only British cars and motorcycles. However this weekend is a Vintage T-birds gathering. So thats what we're doing tomorrow!
                  Attached Files
                  Mick Egan Vancouver Island Canada
                  60 Tbird

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Fathers Day Car Show

Hi Mick! You have a precious little cutey there! I love what she calls your "Funderbird!" I hope she will have a lot of "Fun" in it!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• lawyercalif
                      Experienced
                      • May 12 2011

Originally posted by Mickfly70
                      My '60 is nowhere near as good as Dans but I thought I'd share my Fathers Day Photo of the Day.

This is my 2 1/2 yr old Leah who always wants to go in the "Funderbird" whenever we go anywhere. We went to a Fathers day car show but it was only British cars and motorcycles. However this weekend is a Vintage T-birds gathering. So thats what we're doing tomorrow!
                      With that little girl in the front seat you have mine beat by a mile.

Comment

Wow ...

Looks like you will have a heart breaker on your hands. She is a cutie. Mike

Comment

• Anders
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by Mickfly70

Wonderful picture and adorable little girl Thanks for sharing!!
                          sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Mickfly70
                            Apprentice
                            • Oct 20 2010

Thanks guys.
                            I missed the T-Bird gathering today as a kids birthday party went longer than expected so as I was driving up the hwy to see them I saw 8 coming the other way. 2 square birds and the rest baby birds. Had to wake 2 tired kids to walk around to see 1 Big Bird drive away.

Sorry, no local photos to share
                            Mick Egan Vancouver Island Canada
                            60 Tbird

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎