No announcement yet.

1960 J-Code for sale

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1960 J-Code for sale

I have to sell my 1960 white over red hardtop. Has the 430, Continental Kit, Chrome Kit, Sunray hubcaps, new wide whites, Really sharp car, detailed engine compartment, period correct battery ($), super interior, still has original spare in trunk with full tire jack. I have the original build sheet. Less than 5K since rebuild. New Edelbrock carb, Still have original carb with TAG. $17,500 or best offer! Email me for photos and more details at Yblocker56@yahoo.com
    Thanks
  • GTE427
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 9 2007

430MEL's 60 430 Ht is back on the market. Currently on ebay ending this Tuesday. The car wound up in South Jersey, 15 minutes from my home. The new owner is citing the economy, but isn't giving it away, at least any time soon.

This car is absolutely gorgeous!! Looked at it yesterday for about 2 hours. The temptation to buy is strong, but we're about $2500 away from each other. I'd say the car is well worth his price given the cost to restore these cars, this one is more than ready to roll. But with the economy, I'd like the assurance of a quick sale if need be and likewise I'm being cautious with spending at this time.

430MEL did a nice job maintaining and updating this car while he had it. Understand he's riding a Harley now instead.
    Ken
    1959 J Convertible
    1960 J Hardtop

Comment

• tbird430
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 18 2007

Well Ken did you buy her?

I see someone used the "Buy It Now" option for $14.5K. That seemed very fair for that nice squarebird....

-Jon
      sigpic
      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• GTE427
        Super-Experienced
        • Oct 9 2007

No...........

He was willing to take $14 and I was shy of money. between talking it over with my wife at lunch time and trying to find/raise extra cash, someone else got it.

I spoke with the seller afterwards, the buyer saw it Tuesday for the first time, drove an hour to see it, was thrilled and called home for his wife to hit the buy it now button. this car was that good and a bargain at that price.

The seller is confident the deal will hold but kept my number in case of any problems. The car is to be picked up Saturday. The buyer is in New Jersey so the car will remain local to me, it's a small world, never know what the future will bring.

This car was spectacular, I'm still whinning that I let this one get away. Even came with the correct Carter 2992S and a working WS washer. I'll be whinning for weeks to come.
        Ken
        1959 J Convertible
        1960 J Hardtop

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎