No announcement yet.

Under hood brake booster for 60

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under hood brake booster for 60

Could someone e-mail me pictures showing the arrangement of the hoses and the check valve from the booster to the metal vaccuum tube from the intake manifold.
    Thanks in adance to all who respond, I'm working to finish this long project!

Tom Young

RE: Under hood brake booster for 60

Tom,

I took pictures of the brake booster vacuum lines on my car. If you will reply with your email address, I'll forward them to you. My email is MLLAWSON2@SUSCOM.NET. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
    Mike L.

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

Mike,

If you e-mail me, I can post the pictures.

For each message there is a little envelope symbol on the upper right where you can click to send the posting person an e-mail.

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

Pictures of Mike's 1960 underhood brake booster have been posted at http://www.squarebirds.org/1960mike_lawson/FrameSet.htm .

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Mike for the photos. At the moment I have no check valve on the hose from the intake manifold, but I have one that I bought at T-birds by Nick. I’m going to mount it now.

Comment

The reason I wanted pictures is that there must have been two ways of locating the check valve. One way was the way that is on Mike's car, and the other way has the check valve up at the booster. This way is shown in a 1960 Thunderbird sales catalog that has an engine picture. My car was like the catalog, but it seems Mike's arrangement is most frequently used.
            I would also like to say that I have seen Mike's car, and it is a great car! It has all the original details that every Thunderbird restorer needs to look at. Mike also has a awesome Buick that he restored from the 40's. He is a great guy, and we are lucky to have him on this forum!

Tom Young

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎