1 more for El Guapo!!!!! :)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 more for El Guapo!!!!! :)

That makes 3!!!
    Won 1st place for Rod and Custom @ the 6th STV Rendezvous All Ford Picnic Today.
    Nice way to start the season!!
    YaHoooo!
  • Penelope
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 4 2008

Great effort, you are racking them up. You will need that shed extension to fit the trophy shelf in!
    Bill
    sigpicBill
    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• SandyBoy
      Super-Experienced
      • Oct 31 2002

Congrats !

I go to just 3 shows, local, here in New Jersey. One is exclusively Cadillacs. They get fantastic Caddies from all over the Tri-State area of NY NJ & Pa. I have a Show Car Caddy, and I take her. The 2nd show is anything you wanna bring. Local, center of town show and the 3rd is also a local "show what ya brung" type..... The single make shows bring out much better informed people than the local shows. I have 3 trophies.
      All 3 are 2nd place. The trophies are okay, but I like better the friendships I've made at car shows.

Comment

• ncbird
        Experienced
        • Jan 5 2008

congrats

was that with the convert or the new yellow bird?
        congratulations on getting out there and showing your birds. I went through several cars with chrome undercarriages etc and this car will be a driver but a nice driver. Grant
        Grant
        NCbird on the Coast of NC
        "Dads Bird" for my father

Comment

Originally posted by SandyBoy
          Congrats !

I go to just 3 shows, local, here in New Jersey. One is exclusively Cadillacs. They get fantastic Caddies from all over the Tri-State area of NY NJ & Pa. I have a Show Car Caddy, and I take her. The 2nd show is anything you wanna bring. Local, center of town show and the 3rd is also a local "show what ya brung" type..... The single make shows bring out much better informed people than the local shows. I have 3 trophies.
          All 3 are 2nd place. The trophies are okay, but I like better the friendships I've made at car shows.
          SandyBoy Where in NJ? I am in the central NJ area

Congrats El guapo, keep up the work, maybe you can get a driver for your 2nd and take 1st and 2nd place!

Comment

• SandyBoy
            Super-Experienced
            • Oct 31 2002

The Caddy show is the 10th of this month !
            At ROYAL CADILLAC in Florham Park.
            (Columbia Tuirnpike)

Take the GSP North to South Orange Avenue Exit.
            Take South Orange Avenue WEST (away from Newark)
            for like 7 miles, passing "Livingston Mall" (on your right),
            after which it c hanges its nam,e to Columbia Turnpike).

Royal is just before the Airport. on your right, in town of
            Florham Park.

$15 to show. No Pets. Food is there. IF you are showing a car, you MUST have with you a Fire Extinguisher. No children under age 12.

Comment

I guessI won't be at that one, I have a 2 and a 7 year old. My son is already a classic car guy(kid) nothing but respect for the old rides and he would kill me if I went without him.

Thanks for the info though and let me know when you are others, I am always looking for some new shows to attend.

Comment

• SandyBoy
                Super-Experienced
                • Oct 31 2002

That Cadillac Group is hard-core! Loads of rules and such. Judging is for blood !!

Millburn ? Ever hear of Millburn ? Between Maplewood & Springfield. I go there. BIG BIG BIG show 100 ++ cars. The 18th of May. Prizes, trophys and lots of (dumb) onlookers (that have not a clue) *** this is all about.
                (They most likely arrived in Honduhs or Volvo Wagons).....

MAPQUEST from your place to 500 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, NJ 07041 (I think that's the ZIP >>> ??

Comment

Guess i can't bring my mark III ?

Comment

• SandyBoy
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Oct 31 2002

To the Caddy Show....Ahh, NO. To the Millburn show....definately!

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

SandyBoy I think you hit the nail on the head. It's the freindship that my wife & I have enjoyed over the years. Some of them actually get involved with other things like kids, grandkids and one time, I took a spare jack for a guy that didn't have one in his 59. He wanted to pay me and I said what will you do if you have a flat?? The next show and shine we attended and he knew we would be there they brought my wife a new umbrella for our two seater chair, as ours was getting on in years. Freindship is priceless.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada

ElGuapo congrats on your winning, it's becoming contagious.
                      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                      Thunderbird Registry
                      58HT #33317
                      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

It's became a hobby for me and my gal..
                        We meet some amazing people and are rewarded with great friendships and conversation.
                        An example was last season a gentleman came up to me and told me that him and his wife of 48 years got married and took a trip in a new 59 convert through Cal,Nevada,Idaho and Canada.Enjoyed listening to his stories for more than an hour.He left, went home and brought me back an orginal manual for my 59..I got to tell ya I started welling up..
                        Just love taking the folding chairs,Ruth my girl makes us a picnic and got a cooler of beer stached for bonding and negotiation purposes!
                        Got to tell ya ,used to roadrace motorcycles professionally..the check are nice but the trophy's last!!! Got a story behind each one.
                        Cheers to all and have a great season!!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎