X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Dakota Boy
    ...It kills me to not know what cam is in my motor.
    For ten bucks, you can buy a dial indicator at Harbor Freight. Stick it on your rocker arms and MEASURE! You can download a degree wheel for free from the net. Together with the indicator, you will know exactly what cam you have.

There are loads of instructions on the net on how to degree your cam/crank, and how to measure durations. Again, it's free. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dakota Boy
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 30 2009

a big thanks to all who've replied so far... and for putting up with my lack of knowledge in this area.

I'm studying up now. And saving my coin for this winter.
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• Dakota Boy
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 30 2009

Messed around with a "black stripe" modulator this weekend, and it improved the shifting quite nicely.

Tried it with the adjustment screw turned almost all the way in, and then all the way out to see what effect it had. All the way in and the car had to be revved waaaayy up before it would shift. All the way out, and the car shifted too easy. Adjustment screw is now set somewhere in-between.

The modulator that was on the car had no stripe color on it. There actually WAS an adjustment screw on it (in my first post I said there wasnt one) but the screw was already turned all the way in, and the car shifted way too easy.
        Last edited by Dakota Boy; June 28, 2010, 06:54 AM.
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎