X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnG
    John
    • Jul 28 2003

You mean the photos on this thread:

http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...ead.php?t=6289 ??

John
    Last edited by JohnG; May 18, 2009, 09:07 PM.
    1958 Hardtop
    #8452 TBird Registry
    http://tbird.info/registry/DataSheet...r~equals~8452)

photo: http://www.squarebirds.org/users/joh...d_June2009.jpg
    history:
    http://www.squarebirds.org/users/johng/OCC.htm

Comment

• Coral
      Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Originally posted by 57ford/60thunderbird
      here ya go cathie, a link to 3 int pics of my birdy if you want clearer up close shots let me know ill get them for you as i said my code is 54 http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...localeid=en_US

these pics were takin before i cleaned it up
      Yowzers man - I remember seeing that picture before now...
      I agree with you on the color combo with this car...I have a feeling they ran around much the the Emperor with no clothes

I might take you up on a close up just for better color picking, I will let you know though, THANKS!!

What color are you thinking of going on the interior?

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
        Experienced
        • May 4 2009

cathie, well im planning on painting the car gulf coast aqua a color from 1969 mustangs with either a creamish or white top and the interrior will be either turquoise/white or an off white (bone colored) what do you think?
        or maybe go with the factory two tone blue but im not sure howd that look
        57 ford sedan
        60 thunderbird registry number 33404
        69 mustang coupe
        69 roadrunner

Comment

• Coral
          Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

hard telling; a white would be just as 'crisp' looking as the aqua - then I would think carrying the same white into the headliner and seats with a softer aqua/turquoise bolsters and a deep based aqua/turquoise for the carpet

One might need to view the whole car on a sunny day

an off white/cream/eggshell would 'soften' the whole look basically making paint more of a focal point - the same bolster color as above, but one could use a soft black carpet as well

I can poke about and try setting up some fabric color samples together and post them later...

Comment

• vernz
            Experienced
            • Jul 12 2008

The pictures of the code 84 - tan leather seats and two tone door panels - are from my car. If there are other pictures that would help just let me know and I'll take them. As for interest in interiors. I need tan leather seats for the 60 sunroof and seats and door panels for my 59 j-bird. One question. The black bolsters on my white/black interior of the 59 are good, it is just the white seat part that needs to be replaced. Can these be remade just replacing the white seating part?

Vern

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
              Experienced
              • May 4 2009

Originally posted by Coral
              hard telling; a white would be just as 'crisp' looking as the aqua - then I would think carrying the same white into the headliner and seats with a softer aqua/turquoise bolsters and a deep based aqua/turquoise for the carpet

One might need to view the whole car on a sunny day

an off white/cream/eggshell would 'soften' the whole look basically making paint more of a focal point - the same bolster color as above, but one could use a soft black carpet as well

I can poke about and try setting up some fabric color samples together and post them later...

my headliner right now is in remarkable shape no rips tears or split threads and its kind of a off white and since its not trashed i dont see a reason to mess with it (ya know if its not broke dont fix it type thing) so ill prolly go with an interrior color close to my headliner and then do the outer top in a obviously different shade or something for contrast

but i am thinking the bird almost cries for a 2 toned interrior soo i'll havta think onit some more
              57 ford sedan
              69 mustang coupe
              69 roadrunner

Comment

Hey Guys,
                I took the door panel off Christine Sunday. I don't know about the fiber board behind the door trim in the '58-'59, but the fiber board in Christine '60 Thunderbird is molded
                I hope this does not put a kink in your plans!

Comment

• Coral
                  Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

molded! EWeeeee!
                  In the Pristine Christine?

Nope, not changing my plans, not going with absorbent material to replace it...it will cost a pinch more than the regular stuff, but since IT won't be sucking air/moisture/dirt through the upholstery - everything will last longer and be cleaner.

as for 57ford/60tbird's post:
                  we can do: need a close up pic of the headliner to grab the color - or run to a paint store and grab some sample color strips and match to the best ability - it might be a "smoother" look to make the landau match rather than different/conflicting - but thats my opinion - add three cents and you can get yer self a hunk o'Bazooka.....LOL

Comment

Check this interior out Cathie. This is a tastefully done restomod. I personally love the car and everything about it... except for the bezel around the radio. The door panels and seats are real nice.

Comment

• Coral
                      Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Good Night Irene!
                      that car is ON THE GROUND

how do you drive it anywhere like that?

It IS a beautiful work of art though

Comment

Originally posted by Coral
                        Good Night Irene!
                        that car is ON THE GROUND

how do you drive it anywhere like that?

It IS a beautiful work of art though

Ya I was looking close at the pics and the oil pan is sitting on the ground. There is a link to a write up about the car in there somewhere and it says that the car has airbags. He can set it down anywhere he wants. I would like to see a pic of it at its ride height.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, he ruined a good car.
                          My son had a Ford Ranger that had airbags on it I rode in it 160 miles one day and told him I would never step foot in that truck again. You hit a bump in the road and jar your teeth out.
                          I've road farm hay wagons that ride better then that!!!

Comment

• Penelope
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Mar 4 2008

My son has his 63 Chev on air bags and can sit that on its belly but for every day driving (it is his daily driver) he raises it about 6 inches. The ride is excellent with no jarring but he does raise it when going over spedd bumps and the like to protect the exhaust etc.

Air bags are not common over here and they do raise a lot of eyebrows when adjusted. I guess it is just part of the whole "lowrider" scene, each to their own!

That is a gorgeous bird though, I like the work except for that radio as well. It looks clumsy (radio).
                            sigpicBill
                            Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
                              Experienced
                              • May 4 2009

i like the color not crazy at all about the interrior dont care for airbags and i CANNOT stand wheels larger then 16inch on any classic car
                              i agree with richard that guy ruined a good car
                              57 ford sedan
                              69 mustang coupe
                              69 roadrunner

Comment

• bird 60
                                Super-Experienced
                                • Mar 18 2009

I really like the '59 as well, not '58 as mentioned.
                                Having said that, the hydraulics do absolutely nix for me.
                                I guess that's what makes us all unique.

Chris ....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎