Me again-Window Tint?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me again-Window Tint?

Hi all!

Happy Spring! I've not written in awhile but have a new question. I really want to tint my windows on my car and want to know everyone's opinion. I drive into the sun to/from work and I live in Texas. I'm working on making radiator adjustments that I asked about last year, but I think the tinted windows will definitely help. Is there a particular tint color made for a 1960? Does anyone have tint and what color did you use? I would like it pretty dark, considering my car is already black with black/white interior it will add to the "mobster" image. How much does it effect resell value? I'm still wrestling with keeping this car as my daily driver or going normal with a more reliable/gas friendly car. I love this car, but daily commuting is taking its toll on me and the car.
    CG
    352, 1960 Black Hard Top
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Me again-Window Tint?

The original tint on the side windows was greenish. Window tint will not add value to the car, but should not take away much, since it is reversible. If you are adding A/C to the car, I would advise it, since the A/C unit will need to work less hard. This was well known when the cars were new, as tinted windows was almost a mandatory option with A/C.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

RE: Me again-Window Tint?

Thanks! I will try to look around on the web to find out the exact tint.

CG
      352, 1960 Black Hard Top

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎