Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1966and1963
    • Mar 24 2010

My 1963 Bulletnose

Yeah I just bought a fully rebuilt 390FE .040 over, and I got a numbers matching 1963 Landau along with it. I only paid $1400 for the rebuilt 390, with over $3000 in reciepts, so Im not to worried, but the entire trunk of the 63 is rusted out! Both rear leaf spring mounts are coming through the trunk, I cannot find anyone who makes a new trunk pan!!!! Help, Im almost to the point of cutting the whole rear unibody frame out and back halfing the car with a four link. The body and interior is in great shape and I want to save the car, Im just stuck. I would rather fix what I have and not back half the car, but if I have to I will. Any suggestions?

When I did my 1966 I just replaced the entire trunk but no one seams to sell one for the 61-63!
    Jim Mann
    DeSoto, Missouri
    1966 Ford Thunderbird HT 390
    1963 Ford Thunderbird Landau 390

Hey Jim,
    Concours Parts and Accessories has the trunk repair panels over the muffler. Also the have the center trunk repair for the '64-'66! Is there anyway you could use the two different years and get it fixed? Keep us posted and I will continue to look!
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎